cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rabidfx
Journeyman III

DisplayPort not working on a RX560 4G

Hello, I just purchased a RX 560 4G, and I can't get it to work with my monitor through DisplayPort. The monitor stays dark, both during the boot phase or when arrived on the OS. The screen is not detected in AMD's tools.

Is there some specific installation or change to do in order to activate the DisplayPort capabilities of the RX 560?

What works:

• Connection between the RX560 and the screen is ok through HDMI.
  • The screen works without any problem with another computer through DisplayPort, with the same cable.

Relevant bits:

• Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 560 4G
  • Iiyama G2730HSU
  • Windows 10 64-bits
  • Crimson drivers 17.11.4-nov27
0 Likes
2 Replies
JarlSagan
Journeyman III

Re: DisplayPort not working on a RX560 4G

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? My new monitor is doing the same thing. Works fine through hdmi but completely undetected on the DisplayPort

infatum
Journeyman III

Re: DisplayPort not working on a RX560 4G

Same thing. It stopped working just by itself. Hadn't updated any drivers. Good, there is HDMI port that works fine. 

May sound unbelievable, but my issue was RX 560 pushed onto M.2 SSD drive on ASUS prime A320 motherboard. The bolt that was supposed to push the SSD end wasn't holding the SSD flat. My SSD was in "up mode". Had stopsor.sys BSOD errors as well. Had screen flickering on 1st display when 2nd TV display was connected via HDMI. So, I usually had to remove the cable from TV every time I wanted to work / game on PC. Otherwise, I would get screen flickering on display port.

I had to use sticky plasticine to sort of push M.2 SSD down so it doesn't raise and bump against the video card. And I didn't notice this at first. Was taking the video card, cleaning it, doing sfc scans, updating drivers. I barely noticed it since it happened only when I inserted the video card. When I fixed it, all my probs were gone. For now. Check if your video card is not pushing onto something else or causing things to push out, like in my case. I couldn't believe some other device, like M2 drive could impact the work of a video card. 

0 Likes