Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lkenneth
Journeyman III

displayport issue - black screen

Hello everyone.

I would appreciate some help if possible please.

I assembled a computer recently. When I plug my monitor using Displayport (on the motherboard), once it passes the BIOS page, the screen turns black (no signal). If I use the HDMI port on the motherboard instead, then there is no issue.

My build:

B450M MSI Mortar Max (Bios build 10/6/2020. The box says "AMD Ryzen 3000 desktop ready")

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM

SN550 SSD

1TB HDD

I have tried:

1. used different monitors

2. used a new DP-DP cable

3. used a DVI-DP cable (with adapter)

4. used a new DVI-DP cable (without adapter)

5. Unplugged the monitor cable and its power cable, waited for a few minute then replugged

6. ensuring the DP cable is fully plugged

7. asked someone to test the RAM. He said there's no RAM issues

8. Window 10 re-install

9. ensuring the BIOS and the AMD IGPU drivers are the latest

I am wondering whether there is a CPU issue or a compatibility issue between my motherboard and CPU?

I am planning to run dual monitors, one with 4K. Therefore I would need to make the DisplayPort works.

Thanks!!

2 Replies
satanael
Adept III

I'M Having The Same Issue Did You Manage to Fix It?

when i put a little load on my GPU like watching a youtube video or surfing the web it crashes with black screen and freeze my pc.

i switched to HDMI And Everything Work Correctly Now.

I Heard it Could Be A DP Cable Issue Some Cables Come With Extra Power Pin Which Could Cause A Short Circuit And Damage GPU Permanently

0 Likes

I Have an Asrock x570 MB with DP+HDMI, I can only get the HDMI out to work but no signal out from the display port.  I have a Ryzen 3400g.  I just cant get the display port to work.  I want to use dual monitor from the motherboard.  please help.

0 Likes