Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mahmoudayman
Journeyman III

Displayport gives out of range (no signal) from my new XFX RX 580

Works fine during bios and windows loading screen
when Uninstalled amd driver it worked fine on max resolution (1680x1050) When reinstalled amd driver 
 the problem came back again and found out the max resolution working is 1024x768 if increased monitor gives "out of range again" while the amd driver is installed which mean the problem is from the driver
Dvi working fine with all of the resolutions on my monitor (NEC EA223WM)

displayport working fine with my old EVGA GTX 750Ti

My Specs I3-9100F , Asus TUF 310H , 8 GB Ram, RGPS-500W

AMD Drivers version : 20.4.2 also tried 20.7

0 Likes
4 Replies
goat_shred
Journeyman III

Hi,

did you ever find a solution? I have an RX 5600 XT and have exactly the same issue. On my old R9 280 the DVI cable worked perfectly, but using Displayport (whether HDCP is enabled or not) it is "out of range" at 1680 x 1050.

TIA

0 Likes

In Windows Settings - Display for your NEC monitor which Resolution does it show as "Recommended"?

Also in Windows Settings - Display make sure the Frequency is set at 60 Hz for the monitor on the graphic card.

Does it work correctly using DVI-D output from the RX580?

Also make sure on the NEC Monitor you have it set for Display Port Input.

Did you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove all traces of your Nvidea Graphics driver before installing the AMD Driver?

0 Likes

Thanks @elstaci - what I discovered was that the NEC monitor in question is very sensitive and the DisplayPort & HDMI signals aren't always stable enough, so I got a DisplayPort to DVI converter, and all is well now. (FWIW, I have an RX 5600 XT as opposed to the 580, and hadn't tried the DisplayPort on my old R9 280 - I used DVI).

@goat_shred 

Oops, got you confused with the OP of the original post.  The same would apply to you anyway.

Glad you got it working with at least DVI-D input on the Monitor.

0 Likes