cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

blueblaster
Journeyman III

Display port not working

I recently bought a 144 hz diplay. Its the samsung CFG73 27 inch curved monitor. The display port doesnt work. When I plug the monitor a message in the radeon software pops up.

"The system detected a connection failure and cannot define the resolution and hearz you wish. The monitor you own probably doesnt support the required resolution (my monitor is 1920x1080) or maybe there is a problem with the cable". I used a the cable that came with  the monitor but I also bought another one. I tried some tutorial videos on youtube but none of them work. My graphics card is a brand-new rx580.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
9 Replies
excelsum
Adept I

Try switching between the Free Sync Modes.

0 Likes

Tried but it didnt work. It has "ultimate mode" "standard mode" and "off" I switched between them nothing happened. Do you know the specific one I have to try? That way I can focuse on using that one.

0 Likes

Turn Freesync off, and restart, let the display run at normal 1080p @60hz.

If it doesn't work than it could be the display port on the card not working properly, I am sending for repairs my Vega64 for similar reasons, I get a similar message when monitor comes of sleep "Display link failure ...". Just make sure it is not the display port on the monitor, use a display port on one end from monitor and maybe an HDMI end going to the card to identify the falty port. You can get it from Amazon.

I went the monitor back to the store I bought it from. They connected the monitor to another pc and it worked fine. Now I have sent my GPU for replacement. Best thing to do rn is to hope I guess.

Thanks for trying to help. I will let you know if it works     .

0 Likes
enki
Journeyman III

Hello i got this monitor too,

1st. try 2nd port DP in radeon

2nd. did You choose good source on monitor ? Display port?

3nd. Go and replace card to 2nd PCI-E.

0 Likes
enki
Journeyman III

Do You have discord?

0 Likes
enki
Journeyman III

0 Likes

Thanks for trying to help. I went my gpu for replacement. When I plugged the monitor to another pc it worked fine. I will let you know if it works out.

0 Likes
doomcreeper
Adept III

There was a similar problem, in my case the reinstall of Windows helped

0 Likes