Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

blueblaster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Display port not working

I recently bought a 144 hz diplay. Its the samsung CFG73 27 inch curved monitor. The display port doesnt work. When I plug the monitor a message in the radeon software pops up.

"The system detected a connection failure and cannot define the resolution and hearz you wish. The monitor you own probably doesnt support the required resolution (my monitor is 1920x1080) or maybe there is a problem with the cable". I used a the cable that came with  the monitor but I also bought another one. I tried some tutorial videos on youtube but none of them work. My graphics card is a brand-new rx580.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
excelsum
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Display port not working

Try switching between the Free Sync Modes.

0 Kudos
blueblaster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Tried but it didnt work. It has "ultimate mode" "standard mode" and "off" I switched between them nothing happened. Do you know the specific one I have to try? That way I can focuse on using that one.

0 Kudos
excelsum
Adept I
Adept I

Turn Freesync off, and restart, let the display run at normal 1080p @60hz.

If it doesn't work than it could be the display port on the card not working properly, I am sending for repairs my Vega64 for similar reasons, I get a similar message when monitor comes of sleep "Display link failure ...". Just make sure it is not the display port on the monitor, use a display port on one end from monitor and maybe an HDMI end going to the card to identify the falty port. You can get it from Amazon.

enki
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello i got this monitor too,

1st. try 2nd port DP in radeon

2nd. did You choose good source on monitor ? Display port?

3nd. Go and replace card to 2nd PCI-E.

0 Kudos
enki
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Do You have discord?

0 Kudos
enki
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

0 Kudos
blueblaster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I went the monitor back to the store I bought it from. They connected the monitor to another pc and it worked fine. Now I have sent my GPU for replacement. Best thing to do rn is to hope I guess.

Thanks for trying to help. I will let you know if it works     .

0 Kudos
blueblaster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for trying to help. I went my gpu for replacement. When I plugged the monitor to another pc it worked fine. I will let you know if it works out.

0 Kudos
doomcreeper
Adept II
Adept II

There was a similar problem, in my case the reinstall of Windows helped

0 Kudos