cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pjmulvaney
Journeyman III

Display port not working - Intermittent success

Really struggling to figure this out - New Monitor and New Radeon card.

Objective: Connect new samsung monitor via DP to new card.

Challenge:  It takes multiple warm Windows boots and usually with the HDMI cable and the DP plugged in in order for the any display to work to my monitor. When it does work, If I unplug the HDMI the DP continues to work as the single monitor just fine.  If I leave it like that with just the DP hooked up and reboot, the monitor doesnt detect any input.

Ideally I just want to go from card to DP to monitor, but I cant seem to get the screen to display with just DP cabled up.

If I only have the DP connected, it doesnt appear to work.
Setup -
Card: Radeon 590.
Monitor: Samsung U32H850UMN
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 - Most recent BIOS

PowerSupply - 650W.

I would assume all cables are fine, and monitor is fine since eventually after some sequence of reboots that it works.  Where should I troubleshoot/look/tweak, before I end up returning the Video card?

0 Likes
1 Reply

First make sure you have your new Samsung configured to except DP in your TV Settings from a PC.

Then go to Windows Settings - Display and see if your TV is recognized and what Resolution it is recommended. Also click on Advanced Display Settings to see what your TV is running.

Make sure you are using the DP cable that came with the Samsung TV if applicable.

Download and install the latest Monitor Driver for your TV from here: UH850 Series Business Monitor U32H850UMN Support & Manual | Samsung Business 

FROM YOUR SAMSUNG MANUAL:

0 Likes