cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

otterthots
Journeyman III

Display Issues after upgrading GPU

What's up guy, I just upgraded from an RX 570 to the 5700 Red Devil today, I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 with the GPU upgrade because I also got 2 new SSD's. My issue is that my main monitor, Acer Predator XB271H will only display at 1024x768 resolution, which it is a 1080P 144hz monitor. I have done everything I can imagine, but I'm at a loss. It worked fine with the RX 570. I have updated all the drivers for the GPU and AMD chipset (Ryzen 5 Pro) and installed all available Windows updates. I have even went and changed to all the different drivers from the past 8 months on the GPU. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
2 Replies
otterthots
Journeyman III

It is also worth mentioning that I have a 2nd monitor connected as well, it is a 24" Dell that is displaying at 1920x1200, I have disconnected this monitor, tried swapping ports between the monitors, I have even reinstalled the OS again thinking Windows may have corrupted on the previous install. Again, any guidance would help a lot. Thanks!

0 Likes

If try the AMD GPU Driver & software tool and try installing the drivers again.. 

There aren't and drivers for the display..? Normally not needed but just incase?

There's also options in Radeon manager for custom resolutions that might work..?

@otterthots wrote:

It is also worth mentioning that I have a 2nd monitor connected as well, it is a 24" Dell that is displaying at 1920x1200, I have disconnected this monitor, tried swapping ports between the monitors, I have even reinstalled the OS again thinking Windows may have corrupted on the previous install. Again, any guidance would help a lot. Thanks!

0 Likes