cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

dukenukemx
Adept II

Re: Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

After some time this started to happen again without warning.  Doesn't matter if I use Chrome or Firefox either.  Driver crashes and resets but of course the game is completely crashed and I lose all progress.  Like you TDR off just freezes my PC.  Event ID 4101 and I've tried every trick in the book to fix this.  I have a MSI RX 470 in another PC so I'll try and swap it with the Sapphire RX 480 I have and see if this continues.

0 Likes
dukenukemx
Adept II

I may have found something that might be the root cause for everyone, but I need people to help out.  I have four sticks of CM8GX4M2B3000C15 that are 4GB each.  I just found out that two are Micron and the other two are Hynix.  After reading how much trouble Ryzen users were experiencing stability issues until they replaced the Hynix memory for Samsung or Micron.  I took out the Hynix modules and so far I've not had any driver crashes since.  I've tested this memory to hell and back and no errors were ever found.  I've ran the Hynix memory at 2133Mhz just to be sure and it still crashes.  I'm thinking that Hynix might have a bad batch of memory out in the wild that might randomly hiccup and cause the AMD drivers to crash. 

I'd like people here to run RAMMon and look under DRAM Manufacture to see if you're using Hynix memory.  This might explain why Intel, AMD FX, and AMD Ryzen CPU users are effected by this problem.  I don't expect everyone to be having this issue and using Hynix memory but maybe the majority are. 

0 Likes
rostelle
Journeyman III

Have been having same issue for years. I have two CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (Corsair), not that this disproves anything, I'm inclined to suspect driver incompatibility because I'm sure this was not happening on W10 1607 (or 1511) but beyond that I've no useful input.

0 Likes
davejb
Adept II

Guys. Update. I've recently posted a few times about this bit it looks plain and simple like it was my power supply. It looks like the TDR change was a workaround of the root cause. My power supply was about 9 years old, was a quality Antec 750 watt supply. I never considered it before because I had great stability with my former video card. Got a new Corsair HX850i watt supply and it's been super stable. I've even reenabled TDR. Fwiw, I've not even crossed the 400 watt level but the 850 watt was on sale and cheaper than the lower powered supplies.

0 Likes
rostelle
Journeyman III

After some time trying to modify manifest files. I think the issue might be related to wildcard symbols being used inappropriately because of the changes from 32 to 64 OS. This has just got all too irritating. I have no idea how few users have this issue but I have seen it referenced in many other places. I have turned to the dark side (GTX 16) which appears to work without any issues. Am hanging onto the 7900 in case anyone else ever resolves the issue but I don't have much hope.

0 Likes
icrysysi
Journeyman III

the final solution:

you need 2 single wire x 8 pins from power supply to graphic card, if you connect 1 wire x16pins, doesnt work.

Solución "El controlador de pantalla dejó de funcionar y - Microsoft Community 

Im Engipi.

0 Likes
khalidmkhan
Journeyman III

I've been having stability issues with my build;

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

MSi B450M Mortar Max (updated to latest bios)

Thermaltake SMART RGB500W

Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 16GB x 2 (Dimm slot 2 & 4)

XFX RX590 8GB Fatboy (originally MSi RX580 8GB OC)

GAMEMAX Kamikaze Pro mATX case

Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe M.2 2280

Windows 10 Pro 1906 build

Damn, this has been the most frustrating thing I've ever done. I've spent so much time on this for the last few weeks, that I'm willing to chuck it all it!

Ok, the system starts well after a build. And I've rebuilt this thing like I don't even know anymore.

But, after a little while, the system will crash. The screen will turn blank, but the lights and fans on the system are still running. In fact, if I wait a little the fans start to spin at a higher constant rate. This is the time I get a little scared and hard reset the machine.

I changed the Graphic Card, after I installed the little speaker on the motherboard and it gave me a long beeb and then two little beebs. Online beeb manual said Graphic card issue. I had originally thought it might the RAM, the problem would affect the system while it was fully loaded and working, and then I would not be able to boot up or sometimes you could and it would freeze when loaded or not get there at all. **there is no consistancy with when it freezes.

Reason for writing; I tried that TDLr thing davejb‌ was talking about. Lets see if this works. I don't know anymore

Also, I have A-XMP on, so my ram speed is where it should be. I have no intention to run it on 2133!

Lets see.

0 Likes
dukenukemx
Adept II

I had issues with Corsair LPX 3000Mhz as well, and concluded the ram was bad.  I exchanged it with Corsair for a replacement and now my system runs fine.  Mind you my setup has 4 sticks of 8GB of memory, so I have to run it at 2666Mhz with my Ryzen 7 1700.  I ran a number of memory tests and none of them failed, but when I moved the ram to a Intel 6600K system then the same problems happened to that machine.  The only test that remotely showed the memory was bad was the Kill Ryzen Script, which you run in Linux.  You can boot off of a USB stick to run the script.  https://www.reddit.com/r/ryzen/comments/emstzn/3400g_and_kill_ryzen_script/ 

0 Likes
davidmark4sc
Journeyman III

I agree with amdmatt's post.  My PC was locking up once to twice a day.  I had to power off and restart.  Rarely would I get an event in the event viewer.  So I thought it was a hardware issue of some sort.  This is a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx.  I've had for two months.  Worked fine for the first few weeks then would freeze mostly on Facebook and YouTube.    Then it started freezing up on MS Video Editor.  I messaged HP support and they did not care.  They said hey, we can't help you but you can buy some premium coverage and maybe they can help.  Anyway, finally, I uninstalled the AMD video driver and chose the REMOVE DRIVER from PC feature.  Then I went to AMD's web site and used the tool from the website to detect the video card.  It recommended that I install a driver which was more than a month older than the AMD driver that was already installed.  So I did that and it's been about three days now with no lock ups and that is very good.

I speculate that somewhere along the line the Video Driver was updated or it became broken.

Windows 10  x64 Desktop 32 GB Memory.  1 TB SSD drive and a 1 TB SATA secondary drive.

0 Likes
yello
Journeyman III

0 Likes