Polygon
Journeyman III

Display adapter shows previous GPU

Specifications
CPU     : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz
GPU     : Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
MOBO : MSI B450 Tomahawk 
RAM     : 8x2 GB Corsair Vengeance

Issue(s): . Green screen crashing (irregular) 
                 . Screen tearing, artifacts  and flicker (rare but frequent)
                 . Display Adapter displays RX 5700 XT as Rx5700..

I'd like to start off by saying I am not a very computer literate person 

Around mid 2019 I upgraded my hardware to everything mentioned above with the exception of GPU which was an AMD Radeon RX 5700. However after a year I had submitted it for RMA due to GPU failure.

After 2 months  Sapphire shipped me a Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT.
This was a very Satisfactory resolution however when I installed it into my PC and updated my drivers accordingly.
 The display adapter still shows AMD Radeon RX 5700.

I tried my best to resolve it myself by updating all hardware drivers and updated to the Latest Windows Version.
I even tried DDU  after to see if it would change to XT but it didn't work. The PC functions as it should if not for the screen tear and flicker every now and then. The Main issue however is the green screen crashing. it crashes under (moderately taxing) renders of 3d scenes and sometimes its unexplainable ( to my knowledge atleast) .

P.S: Green screen crashing is irregular and not consistent, it might crash in 2 hrs or 2 days. I've experienced 1 -5 crashes on a weekly basis

This is my first time EVER posting in a forum, I have immense appreciation for the community!
most of the times when I have an error I try to solve "myself" and these community forums are a life saver

0 Likes
0 Replies