cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rharrison
Journeyman III

Disappearing RX 560X

I just bought an Asus FX505DY, had just a few days. It has an RX 560X installed but every few minutes if the computer sits idle the GPU will up and disappear from every window I can think to find it on, including the Device Manager, Task Manager, the Radeon Setting panel, and even DxDiag.

The drivers are fully up to date. Power management and being plugged in or unplugged don't seem to matter. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

194 Replies

use ddu to uninstall the existing drivers and install the new 19.7.3 driver and check if it's working. I found out that  if you install the drivers given in the Asus website and from that if you update with out using ddu to uninstall it will work.

0 Likes

It shouldn't disappear now , just check if the games are using rx560x or not.

0 Likes
paulson79
Adept I

19.7.1&19.7.2 worked just fine so Im 100% confident, that 19.7.3 also does work, you can update either using ddu or method suggested by raw_85. Personally I suggest to use ddu, just to be sure, that nothing outdated will remain and cause some glitches. And I confirm, that using asus driver *******501 you will not experience disappearing rx560x anymore (I posted link to the package in one of my previous posts). It contains driver to the chipset, but not to gpu, so after installing it you will have active vega8. Raw_85 idea about asus app causing havoc seams to be legit. In my case problem appears both when I use asus software and amd software from armoury crate. Installing driver from amd does not cause any glitches, but you have to use asus driver that I provided in previous post. If you will use asus driver version V25.20.14128.4002 currently posted on asus driver website, you will experience glitch, at least I have problem with it. Some users mentioned before, that you dont have to install anything from asus, only driver from amd and there is no problem with disappearing rx560x anymore. Just make sure to uninstall previous driver with ddu in safe mode.

0 Likes

bro plz make a short video its helpfull if u think for help anyone plz make your youtube channel and if you not comfatable than you use another methods plz video can make soo helpfull

0 Likes

this method not working right now

0 Likes
klol
Adept I

any solution  aneyone can fix diesappare

0 Likes
prashanth_007
Journeyman III

The main cause of the disappearence of the RX 560X driver is the incompatibility of the AMD PSP driver.

If any of the above solutions doesn't work for you, then you may follow up the below mentioned link to solve the issue: https://prashanthpuneriya.blogspot.com/2019/06/dedicated-graphics-card-not-showing-up.html .

0 Likes

bro can u tell me how you solve this issu on your laptop plz  anyo one not make video abot this 

0 Likes

I have tested the latest driver i.e; 19.7.3 and haven't encountered any issue. If you face any issue then install the AMD PSP driver (STEP-3) as mentioned in this blog and regarding the video tutorial you don't need one as the latest driver fixes the issue.

0 Likes

There is one last thing I see that you could do, if neither method works for you. Reinstall windows and update it to the latest version without installing graphic driver neither from asus or amd. I suppose that multiple changes with installing/uninstalling different versions of drivers could cause some errors in windows registry and now you are in a loop no matter what you do. So make windows clean again and then install amd driver v 19.7.3 directly from amd website. dont install anything related to gpu from asus site (neither chipset driver nor amd settings app). This should make your laptop to work properly. If you will experience the glitch, uninstall driver using ddu and proceed with raw82 solution.

One way or another you should be fine by now.

0 Likes

which option select advance option than c drive clean or all 

0 Likes

I'll give you a step by step guide to troubleshoot this problem.

Step 1: use ddu to uninstall the current drivers in safe mode.

Step 2:download the driver under chipset  from Asus website.

Step 3: run the install.bat file.

Step 4: for some reason you should install the Radeon settings app from the chipset file you downloaded.

Step 5: go to utilities in the Asus website and download and install the amd Radeon settings app

Your laptop should work fine after doing all the above mentioned steps.

0 Likes
klol
Adept I

i am so sad i cant do anything now i am going to install 19.4.3 its work fine 

sorry bro but i am going to give up 

so last think can u tell me how u solve this issu in your laptop  

0 Likes

After I updated my bios to version 311 the problem got fixed

0 Likes

It works now if you update your bios to 311

0 Likes
miv_avian
Adept I

Guys asus released a new bios update for the fx505dy, its bios version 311 this fixes the missing rx560x when idle, i already tried to idle mine for 1 hr and it didnt disappear, i believe this problem was just a faulty power saving feature. Also change the UMA frame buffer size to auto this will make the vega8 GPU memory will be more than 128MB.

EDIT: Wrong Spelling and the vega8 GPU memory varies initially it was 2GB but then it gone down to 256MB.

0 Likes
tanphat2705
Journeyman III

Anybody use bios 311 and amd driver 19.7.5? Is it okay?

0 Likes

Yes it is working!.

0 Likes
tanphat2705
Journeyman III

Great, finally, they fixed it!

0 Likes

It was the bios all along. That's why amd removed this from known errors. Does it work for you? Because I want to know if only I got it fixed.

0 Likes

It's working perfectly fine

Played till 4 o'clock in the morning , rx560x didn't disappear

Finally the problem got fixed !

0 Likes
mir24
Adept I

The new BIOS update fixed the graphics card issue for me, but now my keyboard backlight doesnt seem to turn on?

do we have any settings to enable this ?

0 Likes

There's only one thing

Fn+arrow up

0 Likes

Contact asus if it isn't working

BIOS and display drivers have nothing to do with it 

0 Likes

What actually caused the disappearing gpu issue? Was it due to bios?

0 Likes

Formerly I thought it was something else

But now , when BIOS 311 fixed it , so yeah , it was because of BIOS

0 Likes

Suppsedly the drivers weren't fully compatible with the BIOS so they were misbehaving , system didn't stay stable

But then idk how did the other things , like messing around with stuff was able to temporarily fix it

0 Likes

I was playing GTA v for 2 hrs and subnautica for 1 he then the battery indicated said  plugged in, discharging. Is it normal when playing games for long?

0 Likes

It's happening to me as well. But the battery percentage goes down slowly , like real slow

It shouldn't happen ,but its also not an issue 

What I make of it is ,that while gaming , the energy used is directly from the power supply therefore battery doesn't charge (coz if it would take that energy from the battery , it would heat up real fast and too much because of constant charge and discharge , which in turn threatens battery life), and it's discharging because of the keyboard and trackpad.

And to support this thing , while using the laptop unplugged you'll find that the left bottom corner heats up , and while plugged in , it won't. It's where the battery is I suppose.

I've also read in some threads about fx505dy that the battery percentage goes down while gaming even when plugged in, so yes it's happening to everyone , so not an issue.

0 Likes

What temperatures do you get while gaming? I am getting pretty high temps after updating the bios.

GTA V 83-88°C.

0 Likes

Connecting with tv or games in lower fps , temperatures would be higher

Did you do any of the above ?

0 Likes

Nope. I get  lower temperature on silent mode. GTA V runs at 75°C at silent mode. Before the bios update the temperatures were fine.

0 Likes

Bro did you switch the profile to high performance in radeon settings (in switchable graphics tab)?? Coz when I was playing What remains of Edith finch , it showed it was using rx560x still the fps was way down , when I switched it to high performance it went from 29 fps to 56.

When I'd updated the driver , it was gone

And there's a significant loss in fps after the update

19.7.4 was just fine , 19.7.5 lowered my fps (specifically in gta v , battlefield 3 gives 60 to 76 fps at 1080p ultra with field of view max and msaa off which it used to give in 19.7.4)

Now I'm playing GTA V at 900p , gives me a stable 60 fps. It used to give 57 to 76 fps at default settings 1080p, idk what's wrong with it. 

I'll be playing GTA V , will let you know if temperature goes that high

0 Likes

I am getting 40-60 fps at very high settings at 1080p in GTA v. But when I play in silent mode the temperature reduced to 66°C.

0 Likes

I'm gonna play it in windows mode today.

And what grass quality are you using in gta ??

Can you screenshot and show the settings you are using ?

Mine went down to 33 fps at a point while in 1080p

0 Likes

Got a good fps running at 1080p

Laptop was heating too much , the problem was disk usage going upto 100 percent. Took some time but I figured it out how to stop that thing from happening. 

Open task manager , services , stop the service named WER , Windows reporting something it will be.

After that , open services in windows management , find Windows reporting , set it to manual if it isn't already

I was playing GTA V , keyboard was lit on fire , just a minute ago I stopped that service while running the game , the temperature has gone down.

Windows releases a feature update and messes up with disk usage , after that it releases cummulative updates , fixes the issues and then again a new feature update. A loop it is

0 Likes

Does your left heat grill has its last part cut in half?

20190810_125749.jpg - Google Drive 

0 Likes
ayon03cena
Journeyman III

The BIOS version 311 from Asus seems to be working. Plus the latest update of 19.7.5  Adrenalin version from AMD. I have tested my unit, left it idle for an hour, RX650x  is still showing. 

0 Likes
klol
Adept I

why my tdp is 28 normal it is 35 any one have this issu 

0 Likes

klol wrote:

why my tdp is 28 normal it is 35 any one have this issue 

The RX650X uses a lot less power so it should be rather cool at idle.

0 Likes