cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Disappearing RX 560X

I don't know, maybe sometime it happen, sometime it doesn't happen. If version 19.7.1 can fix it forever, please confirm me again, thank you. I really hope it can fix the problem forever. Because with the older version, my RX560X doesn't disappear, but i get trouble with flicker screen. So angry. 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I am not sure. For me, updating the driver to 19.7.1 fixed the gpu. I think that you should wait for amd to fix the issue. I don't know why it is taking so long to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah, there are many many laptop in this world, but only our laptop get this problem. Hope AMD fix it for us.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

What is your laptop BIOS version 308 or 309 , I too installed 19.7.1 version but the GPU disappears after 10-15 mins  . so irritated with this . gaming laptop has to be run without graphics card. I tried the steps mentioned from all others above too but did not work ..

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I tried to install 19.7.1 two days ago, and it still disappear, but Release Note of this version has mentioned the problem. I uninstall 7.1 and install the version which older than 19.5.1. This problem happened from 19.5.1. I hope AMD fix it soon.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Update bios to 309, the latest CHIPSET for mobile, then gpu driver for

rx560x

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This is problem of manufacturer, this problem because of the driver of VGA. My laptop use 309 Bios version, lastest chipset driver, but lastest driver for VGA cannot fix this. This problem is mentioned in Release Note of version in AMD website. The problem only happen with FX505.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I contacted amd and they told me to install 19.4.1

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Did it work??

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

The trick is to uninstall the graphics drivers first using DDU in safe mode, then install the graphics drivers available in the asus tuf fx505dy support page before doing an express install of the latest driver. Make sure to delete all previously installed drivers in the amd folder in your main drive (usually C:\Amd folder) and you've already installed the latest bios (309) and chipset (amd driver page) before installing the latest graphics drivers (19.7.1). Haven't had any problems ever since, and the laptop is usually left idle the whole day. This problem is a headache when I experienced it at first but it's totally fixable. Just wish amd and asus did more software debugging before releasing this model ‍:male_sign: