cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

the_sage13
Adept I

Re: Disappearing RX 560X

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted helpful comments here. I used this information to avoid the disappearing drivers problem on the ASUS TUF FX505DY laptop I bought in the last few days. 

A quick follow up question: does anyone know what is considered the acceptable GPU temperature range for the R560x (ideally on this laptop in particular)? I am getting between 77 and 83 degrees while gaming on relatively high end games (Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3). Also, is it unusual that GPU load is showing up as a constant 100%?

0 Kudos
mir24
Adept I

I get temperature somewhere between 65 - 75.  hasn't gone above 75 yet. In radeon Settings if we choose high performance it always is a constant 100% Utilization. I changed to power saving but it was still above 80%. Try updating the new 19.8.2 driver for graphics card.. Update came in this week.. I play almost 5-6 hours  and havent seen temperature go above 75 yet. I play, PUBG PC , Fortnite, CS : GO...

0 Kudos
the_sage13
Adept I

Thanks for sharing your experience. I made a reddit post asking if I should consider seeking an exchange, or possibly undervolting the laptop given these temperatures. I need to see temps in a few more games first I guess to get a better picture of how it runs.

I am running BIOS 311, so I wonder if I don't have a similar issue to the one described by Santosh.... I tried raw_85's fix but unfortunately the service was already stopped, and on manual.

0 Kudos
mir24
Adept I

Bro, I got a laptop replacement too becoz my new laptop wasnt updating to BIOS 311 . Once i got new laptop, i updated BIOS, then Chipset driver, then graphics card driver. Previous version was 19.7.2/3 now its 19.8 . so update to latest graphics card driver. if your laptop is under warranty ask for a ASUS service center visit to ur place to assist in fixing driver issues too. they will come for free if laptop is under warranty... my GPU usage is always 100% becoz I have set it high performance for all games. I just give a break of 5 mins if i play for 4 hours continuously and temperature drops . also keep the fan settings at balanced and not turbo....

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have seen a lot of BIOS updates for both desktop and laptop machines. I strongly recommend installing them for maximum stability.

the_sage13
Adept I

That's exactly what I did (the driver installation process you mentioned), except I am running (what I believe is) the even newer graphics driver - 19.10.22.

It's weird, now I checked the readings on MSI afterburner last night and they came quite reasonable. I played Souls 3 for like 3 hours and the temperature was constantly between 71 and 75 degrees. Perhaps there is some issue with the GPU-Z (and speedfan?) data on cooling...? At a bit of a loss why the previous temperature readings (which I got from those other 2 apps) were so much different. I have to observe the readings a little more and work out what is happening.

0 Kudos
galentot
Adept I

Update on this:

Experiencing system instability when using latest drivers (chipset, gpu) from ASUS ie. higher power consumption, laggy system performance (Chrome, YouTube). Issues non existent in latest AMD drivers. Be warned.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Speedfan is not as well maintained as MSI Afterburner for managing video cards

0 Kudos
the_sage13
Adept I

Yeh I thought I had installed the AMD chipset drivers but they were the ones from ASUS so I installed the ones on the AMD site (as galentot suggested) and also reinstalled the GPU drivers recommended 19.8.2. I guess the other one (19.10.22) is a beta version or something. So far everything looks good and DS3 was running at average 70 or 71 degrees.  I guess there must have just been some issue with GPU-Z and Speedfan readings....

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Ryzen Master is best for reading CPU settings and temperature

0 Kudos