cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

eliteshade
Adept I

Re: Disappearing RX 560X

yea my GPU held on for like 5 mins and then again it dissapeared.

Amd should fix this issue man!

I'm currently on BIOS.309  and Radeon Software 19.5.2 which came with the laptop when purchased and still it still shows Vega 8 graphics

0 Kudos
galentot
Adept I

Just follow the instructions in this thread, you're gonna have to back read

a bit to find it here. Just make sure you restart your system after every

driver install, you can update up to the latest amd drivers (chipset and

gpu) and have no worries afterwards.

0 Kudos
mir24
Adept I

Dear Mir, below update from AMD gonna try it today on my laptop...

Thank you for the email.

In order to properly debug the issue, I would require some additional details about your system and let me know the following:

·         Have you done the clean installation of the driver?

·         Did you happen to remember what specific driver worked for you without any issue.

I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of latest 19.7.2 driver or the available driver to your OS by using the DDU utility.

I suggest you to please disable the windows auto update in the "Show and hide" tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

·         Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

·         Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

·         Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

·         Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install 19.7.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

And if the issue still persists, please check the issue status by updating the drivers from laptop manufacture.

And please note that laptop manufacturer provided drivers are often customized for the specific make & model of the laptop and recommended to use. AMD provided mobility driver are not customized according to laptop's make and model I request you to download the drivers from the laptop manufacture. if the still persists, I suggest you contact the laptop manufacture as then can provide better assistance.

Thanks for contacting AMD. 

0 Kudos
santhosh
Adept I

Dear Santhosh,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200884461]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response

Still our driver team is working on this , Our driver team is working on this hope they will fix the issue shortly your I will apricate for your patience

Thanks for contacting AMD

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Vikas

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Kudos
raw_85
Adept II

Did it work ?? 19.7.2 ??

0 Kudos
eliteshade
Adept I

No 19.7.2 is not working... I'm replacing my laptop with a fresh unit now

0 Kudos
raw_85
Adept II

Resetting windows takes it back to the preinstalled driver, but the thing is , it is outdated. 

When I flashed 19.7.1 , I didn't have any idea about this disappearing thing. I thought that maybe I made some mistake but now I know it was the software not me.

After searching for hours , now I know amd isn't going to fix this thing. They have clearly mentioned on their website to use the driver from the manufacturer.

I was just hoping that Paulson's idea might beat the glitch. And I have no intention of trying it myself before confirmation , have already spent hours trying to bring it back , at the end resetting did the thing but still stuck with the old driver.

And the thing is , latest adrenalin driver may allow us to use dual graphics through amd crossfire , afterall it is possible in maximum amd apu-gpu combinations.

0 Kudos
mir24
Adept I

Hey Guys ,

I followed the steps from Galentot , i did the reinstall n uninstall 5 times n found that radeon software is the issue , so i uninstalled the software n left system idle yesterday whole night and graphics did not disappearing....  all games detect graphics card and my FPS is great too..

0 Kudos
royroy
Journeyman III

Ok guys now it's getting very annoying i have tried everything in this thread but it's not working out for me.

AMD must fix it in next update it's been 3 weeks since this bug started and we are still waiting for a fix,i mean  "Are you kidding me"  I hope amd fixes it asap And that ddu solution which some people have mentioned is not working for everyone i tried the entire DDU process 5 times and did everything accordingly and still the graphics card was disappearing.

0 Kudos
paulson79
Adept I

AMD Driver 19.7.2 is working as good as was 19.7.1. I detect no issues, no flickering, no disappearing devices, no glitches etc. New driver works really good and anti lag feature really gives some nice stability and smoothness to the games. I decided to make a thorough research over my laptop settings, as it is clear to me, that issue we experienced is not a result of the driver itself. Think about it. We all have the same hardware configuration, which means that driver is implemented the same way for each and every one of us. Or should I rather say, "It should be implemented the same way". Obviously it is not. My conclusion is, that if after trying every possible solution with the driver, you still get the same result, which is persistent failure of device working properly, the problem is not in the driver. Why would it work perfectly fine for other people but not for you? To me it is clear that the fault is on the side of Microsoft. It wouldn't be the first glitch that they created in their history and definitely isn't the last one.

What I am trying to say, is this: most likely settings of your OS cause the failure of correct implementation of the driver.

I will give you now precise description of the path I took to update driver, including my windows power settings, cause I certainly believe the problem lays there. Please try and let me know how it works for you. If the glitch will remain also let me know, so in that case I will do some more checkup and try to find the solution for you guys.

Attention! Make sure that before you start, you are not plugged in to internet and that you disabled driver auto update in windows option. This is very important!

Lets get started with windows power setting.

1. Right click battery icon on task bar and left click power options. Make sure that your checked power plan is high performance.

2. Left click "change power settings" to the right from active high performance power plan. Change "put the computer to sleep", both on battery and plugged in, to "never".

3. In the same window left click on "change advanced power settings".

4. In the new window scroll down and left click "AMD power slider/overlay" then make sure that both options are set to "best performance".

5. Next Left click on "switchable dynamic graphics/global settings". I have it set "on battery:optimize power savings" "plugged in: maximize performance". But I am using laptop to play games only plugged in, if you are playing while on battery only, I recommend to swap "on battery" to maximized performance" as well.

6. Lastly expand "AMD Graphics power settings/AMD Powerplay Settings" both to "Maximize performance". Apply changes and close the window.

Now proceed with driver installation following these steps:

1. Using DDU switch laptop to safe mode (recommended) then, after system reboot, uninstall your gpu driver. Your laptop should now reboot back to normal mode.

2. After reboot install chipset driver that I provide in the link to my gdrive (for the reason I do not understand, asus has removed most recent version of the driver (2520141501) which was published on july 17. In my case this driver fixed the issue, cause I had same problem as all while using previous version of the asus driver. Link at the end of this post. To install the driver properly you need to right click "install.bat" file and open it as administrator. If you double left click it, the cmd window will open and process of installation will proceed, however driver will not be properly installed. This is very important, cause it's very easy to overlook this step. If you rushed and double left clicked no worries, redo the procedure by right clicking. I tested if it works and it does. Just make sure you install this as admin at least once . Reboot.

3. Now get amd driver 19.7.2 if you didn't download it before and install it. I tried both express and custom install and both works just fine. If you custom install make sure that you know what you are doing . After installation reboot.

4. After restart, open device manager window and go to display adapters. Expand it to make sure that there is no error. Even if there is not, right click 560x and chose update driver, then use option to install driver from your hard drive and chose directory where you unpacked the driver from amd. If you haven't changed driver destination during installation process, it will be on C:/ AMD (I recommend to don't change anything while installing AMD driver to avoid searching for packages in case something will go wrong). Proceed with driver update, if everything is OK, you will get response that the newest driver have already been installed. Be sure to do that, cause sometimes for no reason. driver fails to install and this is the best way to make sure that you have what you really want to have installed. In case the driver failed to install correctly and manual update implemented it, make sure that before reboot you will do one more amd 19.7.2 installation, but this time do not use express install, only custom! Leave everything as it is and proceed with installation of the driver and all components that were auto checked. Reboot. Test.

If I was right (pretty sure I was ) your problems are all over and you will no longer experience disappearing rx560x glitch.

I sincerely hope that this is the end of the problem. I will be looking forward to your responses to see how it works for you. In case it doesn't solve the problem I will dig some more to find out what setting in my laptop makes it work perfectly fine and without the glitch that you guys still suffer.

In the end, if this solution will solve your problem, I will appreciate if you hit the like button under this post and mark it as helpful (also I will be happy if you can follow my profile and throw me some "thank you" badges there ).

Here is the link to the driver mentioned before:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zLFoACAjg6Fg2UB5EOPFR2PTdfjGE87M 

And here is link to AMD driver that I am using without any problem:

Radeon™ RX 560 Drivers & Support | AMD