cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

lhinch
Journeyman III

Re: Disappearing RX 560X

Just got this laptop on Monday and have had to reset it twice once due to the rx560x disappearing and then the screen complete freezing unless I put the lid down and back up after trying to download aura, currently using the driver from Asus website but when I've done benchmarks on ff14 it shows up as Vega 8 but in the task manager on the performance tab it say the rx560x is been used, is that right? 

0 Kudos
gimyx
Journeyman III

Now this is getting very frustrating i did not expected this from amd please fix it 

0 Kudos
gimyx
Journeyman III

tried everything but same issue everytime

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

Known Issue Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 Release Notes

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
galentot
Adept I

Finally fixed this issue on my fx505dy. First, update your bios to version 309 then download both the latest CHIPSET drivers on the asus (version V25.20.14128.4002) and amd (version 19.10) page. Then download the latest rx 560x drivers on the amd page (version 19.6.1). Then I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the amd drivers currently in my system. After reboot, I started installing the drivers I downloaded in this order: amd chipset from asus => amd chipset from amd => rx 560x driver from amd. Then I tweak it a bit with msi afterburner so that the global settings in the radeon setting would have global wattman tab present (additional tweaks gets me 15% more performance from the rx 560x, saw it from a you tube post). Haven't gotten any issues since I did all this, but I do hope both asus and amd makes a more stable driver in the near future. Hope this helps and goodluck! *results may vary*

valnguyen
Journeyman III

Where could I find AMD Chipset ver 19.10?

0 Kudos
galentot
Adept I

In amd driver download page,choose chipset => socket FP5 => amd ryzen and Athlon => download

0 Kudos
tanphat2705
Journeyman III

I'm also facing with same issue. Today, I can fix it. Before, I install driver chipset from Asus for my FX505DY (Version V25.20.14128.4002). And then I check the information of AMD graphics card driver version. Important, you can see Known Issue of the version. With version 19.5.1, we have "ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle". Then, I check version 19.4.3, and this version don't have that issue. So I installed 19.4.3 and it really worked. Hope this answer can help anybody get this issue.

0 Kudos
santhosh
Adept I

i too had the problem and then i installed the new amd driver 19.7.1 which solved the problem even though the problem is mentioned under known issues

0 Kudos
gimyx
Journeyman III

Are you sure ? 

0 Kudos