Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SomeGuy433
Journeyman III

Device manager recognizes GPU but radeon software does not

Hi all,

I've got a new build for blender/gaming with twin xfx 6900 XTs. Fresh install of win 10 with all current updates. One card works flawlessly, but the second is giving me fits.

Here's the info I've gathered so far:

Both cards appear in UEFI. 4GB encoding is enabled. Resizable BAR is enabled. Motherboard is running pcie 4 2x8.

AMD installer recognizes both cards (says 6900 XT x2), but running the program after install shows only 1.

Device manager lists both. The second will sometimes report code 43 after startup. Disabling the device and re-enabling clears that. In the event log I found "device configured (oem26.inf)" and "device not started (amdwddmg)" for the troublemaker.

GPUz recognizes both cards, but the second has a lot of greyed out or incorrect fields.

The problem persists on version 21.12.1 and on the WHQL version and through multiple uninstall-reinstall cycles. Driver versions are identical (30.0.14011.3017).

Not sure how much of the above is even helpful, but any advice on what to look at from here would be most appreciated. I've reached the end of my knowledge and I've been unable to find anyone reporting similar issues.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Does the second GPU card where GPU-Z shows various gray out areas, does it work fine by itself without the first GPU Card installed?

Does  GPU-Z now show no gray out areas as before?  Also install just one GPU card in both PCIe slots just to make sure it isn't a defective PCIe slot on your motherboard and make sure the GPU card works fine in both PCIe lanes.

Can you upload the GPU-Z image showing the Gray out areas on the second GPU card?

Have you checked BIOS Settings to see if there are any settings that might help your situation?

Does Windows 10/11 Settings under Display show all Devices connected to both GPU Cards?

0 Likes