cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BasilSwift
Adept I

Destiny 2 massive Framerate performance Dip

Ok, i just got a ryzen 7 3700X and swapped to it from an i7 7700k prossessor.  (other then the MB and CPU everything else is unchanged) i have a 1070 GPU and in D2 i get massive Performance dips depending what i look at (like, it was 60 before now it's 30)  all drivers are updated now and still am having problems.  The major issue is that everything was running at max settings just fine before and now it runs like this.

0 Likes
7 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Did you perform a clean reinstall of Windows and remembered to enable XMP? Also your cooler is compatible with AM4? And your memory speed is not something better suited for 4C CPUs?

I think you're confusing something.  i swapped FROM an i7 to ryzen -> previous post* i just got a ryzen 7 3700X and swapped to it from an i7 7700k prossessor.*

0 Likes

just reading the thread , i think MadZyren is not confusing, BasilSWifth

maybe check what he says ..

and just to check , you speak about precise values 30 and 60 .. is this constant or is it sometime 30 and the goes up to 60 ? if yes always 30 , could be about vsync or monitor set to 30hz instead of 60 hz for example , or in-game option limit set to 30  ?

0 Likes

it's trying to be 60 but it's mainly 30 unless it's low graphics and even then it quickly dips to even in the 20's the second action gets SLIGHTLY intense.   i might do a Fresh install of windows when i can as that's the only thing i haven't done.

Edit: Oh, and my monitor has a refresh of 60hz and no frame lock on the game.

you can check your bios version too , even if it should be ok for that cpu since, but never know, check if there is an eco mode enabled etc

what i do when i'm not sure because i have a lot of applications installed, is install new windows on external usb ssd drive to check rapidly , this can avoid total reinstall if not confirming the problem

0 Likes

I got the updates ready so it's fine, i'm not sure why this is happening cause only D2 is having this issue and i can't figure out why.

0 Likes

unfortunately i don't know this game ... i remember having issues with gears5  and only with this game , 2 or 3 years ago , and finally found out that there was an asus motherboard program called "AI" that was setting some things in windows that caused this game to be ultra slow ... it was about "windows timer" or something ... after i reinstalled it was ok , but as soon as i reinstalled asus AI it reappeared ..

hope reinstalling will give good results (but once installed , only install gpu drivers and check the game before installing a lot of this applications that could mess with windows)

0 Likes