Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Lasereliten
Journeyman III

Destiny 2 Gigabyte Rx 5700XT ryzen 1600x

Hello!

I have terrible FPS loss since Beyond Light released that apparently came out with some sort of adjustment to the graphics. Apparently the FPS loss got even worse since 21.2.1

The game never stress the card above 60%, CPU stays at around 30-40%, no high temps or nothing. Windows optimizations is all done, all the fixes that i can find i've tried. But the game dosn't even seem to care what settings i'm using.

I get the same FPS in tangled shore with 200% render resolution and everything on Ultra in 1080p as i do with everything set to low with all lulllull off.... 45 fps.

I am taking this discussion here in hopes that AMD has some sort of fix coming out for their RX 5700xt for this game. Since beyond light released the FPS has become terrible with cards of this lineup, same goes with RX 5600XT, 5700, 6800, 6800XT and so forth. The developers of the game, Bungie, did some changes to the lighting optimization since release and it seemed to bump up performance a little bit for Nvidia users, but we seem to be left behind. Even though the game runs flawlessly on the new consoles that uses RDNA. 

Will there ever be a drivers update that will address these now well known issues with this game? I am unsure about what Bungie is doing, but i already hear alot of people selling away their AMD cards if they want to play this game and go with Nvidia instead. AMD has always been rumored to have really bad Drivers support. I have personally only experienced it a few times, but that would've come down to poor optimization from developers of specific games prefering Nvidia. But now when AMD is more popular than ever, i would suggest AMD to step up at least their end of it all and make sure their cards work as best as possible with these popular game titles.

So back to my question, is AMD drivers gonna be better for Destiny 2 soon or is it just not important enough to address?

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

@Lasereliten I would not wait on AMD to fix their downclocking issues.
This has been a problem since day 1 of the 5000 series launch and has
been looked at by AMD's driver team already (at least they say that) ^^

If you notice bad framerate and low clock speeds, you have to manually
force the GPU to keep the clocks up high, in order to prevent the
energy saving features from taking over your clocks.

one possible solution:

1) open Radeon Software and create a custom Game Profile for your game

2) enable manual performance tuning

3) enter your preferred gaming clock into the "P3" frequency area
- I recommend sane values, look up your factory settings for example

4) now for the "P3" voltage, either leave it at the default or do some minor undervolting
-> -50 mV should work in most cases

5) now in order to force your boost clock:
- go into the graph and drag the left point towards your max clock
- by pulling it to the right side of the graph
- this will result in P1, P2 and P3 clocks to be within 50 MHz range
- voltages of P1, P2 and P3 should also stay in close range

I can recommend 2000 MHz boost clock with 1050 mV from my own RX 5700 XT.
-> which will result in stable game clock around 1900-1950 MHz

These settings could work for other RX 5700 XT's, but might depend on your model.
If this solution alone does not work for you, try to disable the ULPS:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/f5s1ls/rx5700xt_frequency_jumping_updown_my_fix/

Hope this helps to improve your gameplay.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes
Levidi
Adept I

hello, 

it seems old driver work better with rx series 5000

unfortunately doesn't work with rx 6000

0 Likes