cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sayedbintaher
Journeyman III

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

Hello. I have Sapphire RX 590 GPU with 2400G R5 processor and PSU is 630. So while playing Far Cry 5 after a few minutes of Gameplay suddenly my monitor goes blank and it shows no signal. When I  restart the cpu it says Default Radeon Wattman settings has been restored due to unexpected situation. I have increased the power limit to 50% I don't know whether it will work so I am bit confused what to do next.Will it cause any harm if I increase power limit?? And please provide me some solution to get rid of this problem. Thank you.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This message typically occurs after the GPU driver crashes and can be caused by one or more of the following. 

• Windows missing critical and or important updates
    • Keep your operating system up to date by installing all available recommended and critical updates.
    • For instructions on how to update Windows 10 please refer to kb article: Update Windows 10
    • For instructions on how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 please refer to kb article: Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

• Corrupted registry keys/and or system files
  • Display drivers with known issues
    • The graphics card drivers may have known issues with a certain application.
    • Check to see if you are running the latest display driver
    • If you have the latest display driver installed, check the release notes to see if your issue is a known issue and if so revert to an earlier driver version.
    • Check to see if you have the latest patch or updates for the application you are using

• Corrupted display driver
  • A overclocked processor, graphics card or system memory can cause system instability and excess heat which can cause GPU driver crashes. 
    • Run all hardware components at their default factory settings.
    • This would include the processor, graphics card and system memory.
    • Processor and system memory changes can be reset to factory default settings in the motherboard bios.
    • For instructions on how to reset your motherboard BIOS to default settings, please refer to your motherboard manual or system documentation.

If you continue to experience the same issue after trying the steps above, you may have defective hardware. Here are some suggestions to try and isolate which hardware inside your system is faulty. 

A defective graphics card:

• Check that the power supply meets the requirements of the graphics card.
  • Check that power supply cables properly secured to the graphics card.
  • Try reseating the graphics card into the PCI-E lane.
  • Try moving the graphics card to a different PCI-E lane.
  • Try the graphics card in a different system.

A defective or inadequate power supply.

Defective system memory:

• Test system memory DIMMs individually to look for errors. The following third-party utility can be used to check for memory errors: MemTest86

If you wish to receive additional support or suggestions on this issue, please open a new discussion and provide the essential information required as specified here: https://community.amd.com/thread/196209

View solution in original post

200 Replies