cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

qoochet
Adept I

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

Had try everything from the original post that "amdmatt Employee "replied, but nothing works.

So any ideas??? My last option will be send this card back to dealer and never try AMD again.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI RX 570 Armour 8G OC
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 x64 1809
  • Driver version installed
    • Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.3
  • Display Devices
    • Acer 21inch DVI
    • BenQ 19inch HDMI>VGA
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASUS CS-B, BIOS: 3602
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel i5-4430
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Delta 500W
  • RAM
    • Transcend 4G DDR3 1600 x2

Describe your issue:

System randomly freeze up (loaded or start-up) with single colored screen(blue, red, brown).

After re-boot “Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure”

Brand new MB,PSU,GPU bought in May-2019

W10 clean re-installed, latest update April-2019

Memtest86 all normal.

No overclock.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update. System works fine now.

Card returned few days ago, MSI said the card is fine, but they still reapply the thermal paste for me.

Update the driver to 19.5.2. So far so good.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Can you try the GPU in a different system to see if the issue follows the hardware?

0 Likes

I upgraded the GPU(1-may) first and that wattman thing happend, then I replaced MB and PSU because of that.

So basicly I had test the card on a different PC. 

It's getting frustrated now. I dont have a second PC just to test the card, or waited 2weeks when it's mail back to the dealer for testing.

I will be waiting on the next driver update. If it's still happening I'm saying bye bye to AMD, Matt. 

0 Likes

You are running the card on stock and its resetting to stock settings???

Or do you have an overclock/undervolt on it - not really explained in the original post is why I am asking. 

0 Likes

All on stock settings.

Just revive an email from AMD support. I'll try 18.9.3 as it said.

So one more question while I use DDU to re-install 18.9.3, should I also uninstall MB graphic driver?(Intel HD 4600)

0 Likes

I understand. 

Can you try setting the GPU Power Limit to +50% in WattMan and then click Apply?

Also it would be useful to see a picture of the GPU inside your pc case. 

0 Likes

amdmatt adding pokester‌ recommended RX5xx settings using Wattman (From another AMD Thread) which includes your suggestion of 50% Power. This should be your first step in troubleshooting your GPU problem. This configuration will make the GPU more stable and less chance of crashing:

I had set the GPU power to +50% on both 18.9.3 driver and 19.4.1 drivers. Still crashing.

But I do find out that it will survive a bit longer when I set the GPU and GPU memory clock to the minimum and turn the fan profile a bit aggressive. But after few more minutes  it's still crashing.

My PC as attach.59821711_300427870847559_1027951201972387840_n.jpg59876862_648238748936632_6286285241627705344_n.jpg60164824_1100865163441492_3145241582068826112_n.jpg

0 Likes

Tried 19.5.1 driver today with +50 power. Still crashing. I'm returning the card.

Update. System works fine now.

Card returned few days ago, MSI said the card is fine, but they still reapply the thermal paste for me.

Update the driver to 19.5.2. So far so good.

Thanks everyone.

Glad to hear that.

0 Likes

great that your MSI card is working now. But I suspect they did more than just replace the Thermal paste. If your card starts working with the previous AMD Drivers than it was definitely the GPU card that was defective in some ways.

But that is besides the point. At least now you have a good working GPU card.

In your original Post are those your computer specs AFTER you replaced the Motherboard and PSU?

Your original PSU of 500 Watts was the minimum Wattage for your computer system with a RX570 installed: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX . But it should still be sufficient to run your computer with your GPU card.

Have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors and see if it continues to crash?

The motherboard you posted is about 4 years old as far was Windows 10 Drivers are concerned from Asus Support: CS-B Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA 

Have you tried stress testing the GPU card to see if it crashes? Also what are the temperatures of your GPU and CPU when the GPU crashes including the maximum Fan Speed?

Here are some Stress testing software you can download to check your GPU card under stress: Huge List of Computer Stress Test Software [Used by Pros in the Industry] 

I would make sure all of your Intel Drivers`are up to date to make sure your AMD Driver will work the best. Intel has a very good Intel Driver updater called "INTEL DRIVER & SUPPORT ASSISTANT"  That way it should update your CPU/APU and Intel Motherboard Chip set, if applicable.

Thank you for your support.

I had contact ASUS, they said the latest BIOS is from 2018 which it's already on my system.

The computer crash durring start-up and heavy load.(randomly), so I guess temp isn't really an issue here. But I do found out it crash durring stress test around 60C on GPU, 50C on CPU.

Now I'm trying different settings with wattman. Some setup seems make it survive a bit longer. hope the next driver from AMD will fix everything.

0 Likes