cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

What. The. Hell?!

I was copying files. From one folder to another. That's it. NOTHING ELSE WAS RUNNING!

Come on AMD, whats up with this?

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

Hi guys! It's April 30, 2019! is there any update in amd about this problem. bcoz i can't play all of my games. everytime i open a game it always crash and then amd settings notifies me that my default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure. i search all kinds of way of preventing that wattman but it still shows. my game still crashes. clean uninstall then install new and old driver. checking my ram. but still nothing. i want to play so bad. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT CAN PREVENT THIS PROBLEM! THANK YOU!

BTW! i have an

-intel i5-4460 3.2ghz

-8gb ram

-600w psu

-r9 270x powercolor devil edition

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi guys! It's April 30, 2019! is there any update in amd about this problem. bcoz i can't play all of my games. everytime i open a game it always crash and then amd settings notifies me that my default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure. i search all kinds of way of preventing that wattman but it still shows. my game still crashes. clean uninstall then install new and old driver. checking my ram. but still nothing. i want to play so bad. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT CAN PREVENT THIS PROBLEM! THANK YOU!

BTW! i have an

-intel i5-4460 3.2ghz

-8gb ram

-600w psu

-r9 270x powercolor devil edition

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same Issue. Default Radeon Wattman settings has been restored due to unexpected situation.

Same Issue with  Vega 64 and now again with my new Vega 7 16Gb card.

Note this issue only occurs while gaming.

System info...

Platform x299

Win 10 Pro x64 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Radeon Software Version 19.4.3

1500w continues PSU SilverStone ST-1500

CPU i7 7820x

2x Samsung Evo 960 M.2

MB Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3

RAM 4x 8Gb 2666Mhz  Corsair Dominator Platinum

Vega 7 16Gb on two 8pin separate cables to a 150amp rail

The currant game it crashes regularly on   Ring of Elysium on Steam

AMD please sort this issue ASAP

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have a MSI RX570 ARMOR OC 8GO since two weeks with Windows 10.

Since yesterday after about three minutes of gaming my three screens freeze with each one a different color, the sound stops and I can do nothing else but restart my PC.

To be able to use my PC for games I tried unsuccessfully the 18.11.2 driver version, with and without the audio driver.

I can play again but I had to reduce the frequency of my graphics GPU by 40% in Wattman and the power consumption limit by 20%.
I tried before to cut back by 30% the GPU, it was helping but it was still crashing. I don't know if reducing the power consumption limit is really useful.

I am flabbergasted that on this thread with 145 posts there is no message from an AMD official.

This is completely nuts.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Some problem here.

Replaced PSU, motherboard. and a brand new RX570 card.

Random crash and freeze under heavy load with single colored screen.

Need this problem solved ASAP.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I also have this problem, RX 570 sapphire 4g pulse, only when playing Fifa19, when the replay is shown, the screen turns green and then the reboot, Wattman, bla bla bla, I do not know what to do? пидарасы из АМД помогут?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi I had the same issue but solved the crash problem doing a clean installation of new Adrenalyn 19.4.3 beta (first unninstall old drivers using DDU), and configurating wattman this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZp6loEqUrE but according to your graphic model  yo have to put the frequency in every stages.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

As an interesting (if I can call it that) observation, my CPU is an Intel i7-6850k and I have downloaded and use Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology (TBMT) 3.0 driver. This driver has a user interface app that loads each time Windows boots. However, I have noticed that the TBMT app fails to load whenever I get the 'Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation' problem. It might be the same issue causing both problems as they seem to occur at the same time.

0 Kudos