cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

anarky
Journeyman III

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

yes...

0 Likes
gramuz
Adept I

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

Please someone to help us, we need an answer from amd because they have us very bad, I think and thinking about it now it was my worst investment that processor when I thought it would be the most appropriate ... If someone so generous remembers us and it gives us a solution. We will all appreciate it ...

0 Likes
gramuz
Adept I

Jump to solution

Estoy probando una posible solución temporal les estaré avisando como me va!!! 

0 Likes
paloro
Adept I

Jump to solution

Windows 10 in the main problem imo. I get the Wattman message  when my PC seizes-up and goes dark  a few minutes after waking form sleep. I put PC in sleep mode at night and in the morning wake PC up. In a few minutes the PC screen will go dark and my mobo (Asus x470 Strix) flashes amber light. I can turn PC off and restart, and then continue without a problem. I get the Wattman message upon restarting,

I first had this problem after my newish install of Windows 10 updated to version 1809. I ditched 1809 and the freezing problem stopped. Recently I left Windows update on by mistake and got stuck with 1809 again. Now the freezing/Wattman problem is back. Windows 10 is buggy as heck

Specs:

Ryzen 2600

Asus Strix X470-F (same problem over 3 bios versions)

Sapphire 580 8GB Nitro

Teamgroup 2x8GB 3200 C16

EVGA 650 P2 Platinum

Samsung and Intel SSDs

Fractal Design S2

0 Likes
tapada
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi. A follow up: as I was afraid the computer went RMA and no problems were discovered in, as they say, 20 hours of testing. I picked it up yesterday and the first thing that happened was a failure in showing any image on the monitor (monitor is fine with my laptop and same cable). Tried on the TV and worked. Then returned to the monitor and it was working. Very strange. Played for about 1 hour with no problems, but I'm sure the black screen/crash will return. Maybe it's the monitor with this particular computer or even the power plug or power plug extension? I still think it's the motherboard because the CPU stopped but who knows... I'll check my Windows 10 version meanwhile.

0 Likes
paloro
Adept I

Jump to solution

Ok been doing some experimentation.

Apparently there is an issue between AMD's power saving features and Windows power saving features.

For Ryzen users who have the "X" chips, AMD has advised turning Windows power saving feature from "Balanced" to "High Performance"

"For workloads that can use the full thread capacity of the CPU, the OS power policy should be set
to “High performance” or "AMD High Performance" options by the user for maximum
performance. For workloads that don’t stress the thread capacity, the OS power policy can be left
in “Balanced” mode for marginally lower idle power and temperature."

It seems Windows and AMDs features have conflicts. Windows settings were mostly for Intel cpus. Turning off "Balanced" doesn't have to mean there is no balancing of functions because AMD supposedly does their own - or did there own as some features are still being updated - kind of a mess

I don't use an "X" chip but I tried the "High Performance" setting anyway and my PC hasn't crashed upon waking up from sleep yet. I'm not saying this is a final fix but it seemed worth playing with since the power functions are where the problems are in my case.

A little more history of the power settings is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a9q96u/is_the_ryzen_balanced_power_plan_still_relevant/eclsig7... 

0 Likes
chillyride
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same here. Vega 64. Games Freeze, Black screen,1 min after it turns on and wattman bla-bla-bla. I want to thank AMD, specially dev team and other stuff who made this insane few weeks unplayable for me and destroyed my time. Bye  AMD, my next cards obviously will be from NVIDIA or Intel. Tired of this in the past, seems to be old days coming back.

midiamp
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have this issue as well, but the warning just comes about for no obvious reason when starting my computer.

Ryzen 2700X

MSI B450M Mortar

16GB Corsair something something RGB 3000 MHz

PowerColor Vega 56

Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.1

Radeon  software driver 19.3.3

0 Likes
cheekychan
Adept II

Jump to solution

My apologies, I was getting so many notifications from this thread I missed yours by 11 days. I actually did save a list of all the drivers and files that get loaded with AMD GPU's. A word of warning though, some of them are Windows files and shouldn't be tampered with. I essentially made a list of all the files while Win10 was running normally, uninstalled my drivers, used DDU in Safe Mode, stayed in Safe Mode and deleted any files that were left over on the list that were not related to Windows 10, you can usually check this by looking at the properties and seeing who the creator is and/or some good old fashion Google-fu. Please note as well that depending on your card there maybe extra files not showing in this list and the DriverStore location might be slightly different.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdave64.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdgfxinfo64.dll C:\WINDO - Pastebin.com 

0 Likes
cheekychan
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yeah, it seems as if Windows 10 has an issue with drivers crashing when waking up from sleep, specifically video drivers but it doesn't seem to affect everyone. After fixing most of my issues I'm still left with random DX12 crashes that crash my entire video driver and sometimes the driver crashes while my PC is waking up and I have to slap CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B to restart the driver so I can get back into my PC.

0 Likes