cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SilverFoxDK
Journeyman III

Default GPU speed is 500 MHz on new RX 6700 XT

Regardless if I select preset modes or automatic mode, the GPU will only go to 500 MHz, I can do a manual setting of the GPU but I really think it shouldn't be nessesary to change the GPU manually just to use the graphics card at full speed.

Any ideas why the card is only running at 500 MHz on preset modes?

System is fresh Windows 10 install with latest Andrenalin drivers 21.3.1

Graphics card is a Gigabyte RX 6700 XT Eagle

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X

16 GB Ram 3200 Mhz

Asus X570 TUF motherboard

0 Likes
1 Solution
domestos
Adept I

Hi. I had same issue. I also have gigabyte eagle rx 6700 xt. If you change clocks manually can you get more voltage than 1018mv? I have fix for you. You need get flash new gpu bios version from gigabyte official site. I did flash f2 bios Version and can go above 1018mv.

Reply if it will work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
domestos
Adept I

Hi. I had same issue. I also have gigabyte eagle rx 6700 xt. If you change clocks manually can you get more voltage than 1018mv? I have fix for you. You need get flash new gpu bios version from gigabyte official site. I did flash f2 bios Version and can go above 1018mv.

Reply if it will work.

Hi Domestos,

Flashing the BIOS worked, now the preset modes will use the card to its full MHz. I will say success but partial only, as it seems the graphics cards speed is not consistent, but rather lowers and raises the speed all the time, still MUCH MUCH better than being stuck at 500 MHz.

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes

Hello good, I have a gigabite rx 6700 xt and my problem is that in some games it does not give me more than 35 or 40%, and they still give me fps drops, taking into account that there is no type of bottleneck, someone save solve this problem

Did you ever figure out the low usage issue in some games? I just got the 6700 XT today and it's very low usage in Metro Exodus, causing very bad FPS issues even after lowering graphics.

Same problem here with 6700xt. Unexpected and unpredictable performance drops which won't fix by re-installing Adrenaline which has the worst GUI I ever encountered in a piece of software!

0 Likes