cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lowerkey
Journeyman III

CS:GO and COD:MW problems

Hello guys, I'm experecing problems on powercolor rx 5700.
I have problems with COD:MW and CS:GO
What drivers i've used: 20.2.2 and 20.4.1

What about COD:MW:
1st: System crashes after a few minutes or hours of playing. (sometimes with yellow screen of death or just artifacts then black screen).
I tried to install windows 7 for COD:MW, and now game crashes without system crash.
After system/game crash I can't play COD:MW for few hours. it just crashes my system/game

What about CS:GO:
1st: VAR value is bad when i play on ultra.
2st: Some custom player models can crash game. (I tried this player model on a lot of gpus and only mine rx 5700 crashes with some of them).

I tried to install windows 7 for csgo too and game starts perfectly with this custom model, but... face are black.
In Game Console i found that errors:

"Video driver has crashed and been reset, re-uploading resources nowError reading material data materials/models/player/custom_player/monsterko/qinli/face.vtf"
Error reading material data "materials/models/player/kuristaja/stormtrooper/stormtrooper_helmet.vtf"
Error reading material data "materials/models/player/custom_player/monsterko/qinli/face.vtf"

You can see that there are 2 player models that works bad on rx 5700.

I attached a screenshot where i was able to join the game (only in windows 7).

My PC:

ryzen 2600

msi b450 pro vdh plus

16gb 2133mhz ram

powercolor rx 5700

UPD:

2019-Edition-19.12.1-Dec2 i experience same issuses in win10 like in win7. System doesn't crash anymore

0 Likes
3 Replies
linkpad
Journeyman III

Hi I have similar issues you need to go into ATI Radeon Control Panel - Select Gaming Tab then Select the game with problem then click 'Tune Game Performance' and make sure Advanced fan control is enabled, Zero RPM option disabled if shown and also Power Tuning Enabled and set the Power Limit too -10%. (Make sure to save this profile too load on each boot).

This worked for me!

0 Likes

Did you have exactly the same issues?

I'm currently using 2019-Edition-19.12.1-Dec2 and games works without crash.

What driver do you use?

0 Likes

Tried your steps. pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes