cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bassinthemudd
Journeyman III

CrossFire setup help needed

I've got two FirePro W7000 video cards that I want to set up in CrossFire.  Do I need a CrossFire bridge? If yes, is it the same bridge that the consumer models use?

I have AMD Radeon Pro Settings (v 20.Q4) installed. It does not show CrossFire as an option, even though it sees both cards. I'm guessing this means a bridge is needed. Will the CrossFire option appear when a bridge is installed?

Any help is appreciated.

My system:

HP Z820 Workstation (v1)

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

2 x Intel Xeon E5-2689 CPUs

64GB PC3-12800R RAM

Samsung SSD 860

2 x AMD FirePro W7000 GPUs

0 Likes
1 Solution

With the performance achieved by a single GPU, the Professional applications do not support CrossFire anymore. So, we decided to drop CrossFire Pro feature in our new drivers.  

This is what you need. The one from consumer cards, should work as well. However CrossFire Pro feature is not supported in 20.Q4 release. You need to go back to previous drivers.

CF_Bridge.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fsadough

May I ask, what you need the Cross-Fire for? What is the application you will be running?

0 Likes

I'm trying to increase gaming performance. The most demanding game I have is ARK Survival Evolved.

0 Likes

With the performance achieved by a single GPU, the Professional applications do not support CrossFire anymore. So, we decided to drop CrossFire Pro feature in our new drivers.  

This is what you need. The one from consumer cards, should work as well. However CrossFire Pro feature is not supported in 20.Q4 release. You need to go back to previous drivers.

CF_Bridge.jpg

Thanks very much for your response. Very helpful. 

0 Likes