cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

the_1_wonder
Journeyman III

Crossfire not utilizing both GPU

Recently built a new computer and wanted to dabble in Crossfire/OC.

Running 2 MSI Radeon RX 580 Combat's and not seeing my second card being utilized at all. I can't understand why either.

MSI Afterburner shows card 1 as:

GPU Clock 300

MEM Clock 300

Card 2 as:

GPU Clock 300

MEM Clock at 2000

Even though both are set to be 1366/2000 respectively.

I fire up GPUZ and see issues with the drivers as one shows Adrenaline 2019 19.4.3 and the other Win 10 x64.

When I use AMD Performance Monitoring it only shows the stats for one GPU. Crossfire is switched on.

Any ideas?

System:

AMD TR 2950x OC'd to 4.2

MSI MEG X399 Creation MB

32GB Trident DDR4 3600 RAM

250GB & 1TB SSD

2x MSI Radeon RX 580

2 Replies

Is the DirectX 11 program Crossfire capable? DirectX 12 and Vulkan use the multiple GPU features of their APIs, not Crossfire.

Crossfire DX 11 requires both driver and game support. Driver support from any camp these days is less than stellar as few care. Less than 3% of all pc gamers use Crossfire or SLI. Plus add to that it is an abandoned tech in DX 12 as they now use Multi-GPU instead and even then the support is solely on the developers game engine to implement. Few are, at this point, likely as it isn't worth the time for the few numbers of people that will use it. I rarely would suggest crossfire unless you have a game or a few that you know will utilize it properly. Even many games that claim crossfire support don't get much a boost. Few games reach that near double the frames. It is usually best to just get a single card that meets your needs. 

0 Likes