cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mrm2015
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Crimson Advanced Video Settings missing?

Done - this is a showstopper for me. The video capabilities are the only reason I stick with ATI/AMD over nVidia.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

I suspect that festering problems will be fixed with new drivers eventually.

0 Kudos
phikaro
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I just updated my drivers with the new from December, as I was with November drivers and I got very happy with these, they fixed the video profiles and there is a demo mode which showed that everything works now, I love the new cinema classic profile so far. I can't go any higher than December drivers as I am with A8-6600K and using its integrated GPU, which was recently moved to legacy, hopefully they will consider releasing one more driver for legacy soon as only issue with the December drivers "Radeon Crimson 15.12 legacy_NL_EG_64-bit Win 10" I'm facing a bug with Autodesk Maya 2016, when trying to select multiple meshes by hold left click and drag on my scene, it doesn't select anything, it's like ignores the meshes in my scene, but if I try to select multiple faces on my mesh it works as it should. The only way to select multiple meshes right now is by selecting them manually by holding Shift and left click, It's been like this since the November Radeon Crimson drivers, but with catalyst drivers I never had such issue. Also it seems that global settings are active by default, because when playing an internet video like on YouTube, video profiles has effect on video quality, thanks AMD!

0 Kudos
hklamgary
Adept II
Adept II

16.1 Beta still not fix it !

0 Kudos
hansperdman
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

my video setting seem to not work at all. any preset i click theres no change on my display. is it because im on HDTV? i even went into custom to raise the brightness to see if my display responds and had no luck.

It has gotten me worried since i think the gaming settings arent applying to my games as well. when i set the manual FPS for around 55 fps the game still goes up to 100+ range. im not overclocking or anything. its a factory OC'd card, but still im not pushing the card to its limits at all. Im not sure if AA, filtering, triple buffer or any of the other features are taking effect in any games as I dont see a different when making tweaks.

specs

intel i5 4460

z87-plus

photocolor r9 280x

8gb RAM

LG HDTV 32" 720p (1360 x 768) monitor via HDMI

0 Kudos
taglag
Adept I
Adept I

All I know is I had a perfectly working cross fire, and now I have no cross fire, Not even when clicking preferences, and then Radeon additional settings.

I have DDU. re installed, DDU. dropped back to and earlier version, tried most everything I found about the Crossfire missing thing, but...

I have nadda, nothing, zilch! No Crossfire thanks to Crimson, which i have to admit it does make me see red. 

If I click system it shows the extra video card, and tell me that it is disabled, but there is no way to get it to enable.

I am like so P.O.ed I spend extra money to have two cards, crossfire, and now I have one card for double the price.. Screw AMD! I hope I get ran over by a bus if i ever even think about buying another AMD vid card.

0 Kudos
qwekqwek
Adept II
Adept II

That's a different problem, you will likely get more help if you post it on a separate thread.

0 Kudos
baboo007
Adept II
Adept II

16.2 still not fixed.  shame on you AMD...  I'm long time fun but this is it.  New driver and half of functionality.  I game but also watch Video need my advance video settings.   So you make the crimson center start faster because you remove half of the driver.  What a genius.  If this is not fixed AMD will loose  some more market share.  I want be waiting forever. I want to upgrade my R9 290 to new card so if  Pascal come I'm switching forever if the Crimson Edition is not fixed.

mrm2015
Adept I
Adept I

Appalling - has anyone had any form of response from them on this?

0 Kudos
aeroflux
Adept I
Adept I

YES! I suppose a Thank You is in order for people working on the AMD drivers. Full RGB color is back in 16.2

FullRGB.PNG

Everything looks soooo much better!

0 Kudos