cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

peejay
Journeyman III

Re: Crimson Advanced Video Settings missing?

Thx for the hint! However, color settings for video players, as it was available in the old Catalyst driver, is still missing in the "Additional Settings" window ... 

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Nope....those settings are gone. Display settings is where what's left of the color controls are...and all you have iscatagories..."vivid" 'enchanced" etc.

0 Likes
pigwoz
Journeyman III

So, no chances to reenabled video quality settings? This is unbelievable indeed...

0 Likes
johnniedoo
Adept II

I have followed some instructions and have the appearance of the old ccc settings (additional settings in prefs) I used the 16.Nov 25th  because the December 2 -16.12.2 i think didnt work out for me int he windows 10 at the time i tried it.

it is an 'anticlimax'  while i have a few settings not what i was looking for in the "video" quality and colors for my old movies. I found that I could use some of the AMD settings combined with madVr and a MPC, Pot player to deal with the public domain videos to enhance or remove noise and a few things.

I am not able to get any usable results in the Crimson at all. the pre sets are no use whatsoever. nothing. barely any changes at all. the "Custom" is a very very sad joke. control video light and dark on a line control? it is an insult to any long time user.  I just got the new RX480 and can get far better results in all videos, movies , blu rays with my other computer which has the HD7950 3Gb and CCC 15.7 i think i have in it  maybe the one prior, pre Crimson.(with Win7 x64 Ultimate). It is unbelievable how much easier it is to use. Profiles and  display  changes with one right click on  the task bar. In the Crimson versions I must go to the windows 10 display then make changes there in a few separate events with a keep or reject. In the crimson interface for display and video the options are again an insult to long time users. sure ,  i can turn on the  radeon setting for 'display' to scale with the gray bar and the VSR off /on only then into windows settings again for display , i have a little in the Preferences , then click Additional settings for the My digital flat panel or VGA to control contrast/bright/saturation/hue...that is fine as is the Free sync, I guess, if one will be able to pay 3 times, or more for a compatible monitor. But, how about the other 90% of AMD users? many maybe most have 1080p monitors maybe 2, 3 or 4 of them and having to bounce from interface to interface to get  less done than before is not right and longer than a year too.  I am stuck with windows 10 having to use the crimson stuff and do not like it. the RX480 has been out long enough to so it should be supported better. or maybe it will be left in the dust when the long rumored Zen thing happens, the video section or tab is more like a rough draft or prototype. low medium high? no blocking , no noise reductions, whether they worked well or not,still they had some purpose. amd fluid motion seems to be working better in  crimson is all i can say about it. subjective , anecdotal  personal totally. no way to tell. since it is another off/on only.

i am disappointed. that is it. I was within a flip of a coin whether to get the Nvidia 1060 or the rx480 and got snow jobbed by the constant Emails i get from AMD about how great crimson was/is and that my 7950 was too old to benefit. so i went with amd/msi. MSI also sells Nvidia and unless there is a fast fix for the drivers and my RX480, my next hardware will not be through AMD.  I build computers for family and friends. so I have and use lots of them. i have one desktop in every room here and a couple of laptops as well. that is just inside.

i just want a hardware/software combination that works and  doesnt shoot off error messages, (Wattman?) that is another rant. I just want to be able to turn it off, disable it, what is wrong with that. msi had afterburner years, now the gaming app, but at least i can disable or not boot it if i dont want.  come on amd

John

vbkun
Adept II

So, I guess this issue in ongoing for longer than a year, anyone around still cares for amd and hopes for a solution?

Or everybody moved to nvidia? 

0 Likes
baorihs
Journeyman III

If you look at page 6 there is a link to vote on Amd to-do list so make sure to vote so they may bring back advanced video settings. As for me personally if they dont bring these setting back until end of this year I am moving to nvidia. No point in buying brand new graphic card and keeping 2 year old drivers.

http://radeon.com/radeonsoftware/feedback/?ver=16.12.1&lang=en_US

rwk83
Adept I

Greetings,
I was wondering what color range my card is using, but can't find any info or options...
Having no access to Advanced Video Settings, how can you tell what color range is running - is it limited now or full range ?
Any statements from AMD about those missing settings ?
Best regards

john007
Exemplar

Was looking forward to Vega but if this GPU driver has removed features I wont be purchasing as would many dedicated Redteam users.

Some replies on this forum say the video/color panels are being implemented into crimson but other posts say that ''AMD'' has removed all these features for good?

Ray/Matt can we have an update on this please? We understand the statement 'Per design' but with over 4K votes on the ''Implement all CCC settings into crimson'' we still don't know for sure if these settings are being updated or not?

0 Likes
mrkevin
Journeyman III

I have the same issue. when will this be fixed??

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

It has been fixed with the Crimson 17.7.2 driver.

0 Likes