cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

edlight
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Crimson Advanced Video Settings missing?

For my R7 240  I can use the sidebar to the Crimson driver page at the AMD site  to go to older drivers and get the last Catalyst, 15.7.1

That will do until the next card, but I'm not hopeful that it will be an AMD with complete controls.

At least it will be awhile until HEVC and vc* hardware enhancement capability reaches cheap cards, or is rampant on the net! :)  And it's then that I'll need a new card for sharpening and dynamic contrast.

I have YouTube forced back to Flash mp4 in Firefox using the "YouTube Flash Video Player" extension. Otherwise it's vp something, unsharpenable.

BTW the UVD 3 dynamic contrast on my R7 card is much better than the UVD 2 on my old 4670.

PS  The "enhanced" setting in Crimson appears to be Dynamic Contrast with Medium sharpening. If I could just get High sharpening there I'd be set. What fools!

edlight
Adept I
Adept I

I noticed the video decoder not optionally included in later installs of Catalyst, but it has to be incorporated in, or the enhancements wouldn't work on mp4 and wmv any more, which they still do.

0 Kudos
edlight
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for that. Just left a comprehensive message on:

Catalyst, Advanced Setting, has these things Crimson dropped:

The Video settings. (I like to run 100% sharpening + Dynamic Contrast + apply to net videos + full deinterlacing + smooth videos must be off or the driver might lower the settings)

Gamma (Crimson has absolutely nothing! My monitor has to have this.)

Presets (I like to switch settings by hotkey while a video is full-screen)

0 Kudos
vbkun
Adept II
Adept II

I really lost my hopes on amd and video controls again.

Its been months and no sign of nothing, no reply, not even a 'maybe in 2020'.

Plus I feel like a complete idiot for leaving my old 4770 for stuff like better dynamic contrast in udv3 and ending up using some cheap opensource solution like madvr instead -.-

0 Kudos
ldrancer
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i wont be using ati next time.  i use a crt monitor and without the ability to set my refresh rates manually, since you decided in a r9 390 and im sure other cards for whatever reason to not support analog i have to use that, and in some future card you wont have support for manually setting refresh rates since all you support is 60hz led picture viewers, i cant see and you sell video cards at the same time.  nevermind.  this option needs to be in the cards control panel.  i dont click the button everythings dumb now.  bu they all call its smarter as they charge more money to spy on you more for more non fun stuff.  boring.

0 Kudos
mxb_mojo
Adept I
Adept I

Hey guys,

are some days that i 'm thinking if it would be possible as workaround to   develop an application in C# to access those missing setting .

Can Amd point me to documentation to how manage with those setting by software ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
wiak
Adept II
Adept II

0 Kudos
mxb_mojo
Adept I
Adept I

just asking...... are you able to understand what are settings in that app correspond to advanced video setting?  and in case, how to set them using hex values ? I found that app too much confusing without any clear explanation.

thank you

0 Kudos
johnniedoo
Adept II
Adept II

I am replying to this orig post at the end of august 2016.  I have gone round the same horrible deconstruction hassles as all the other posters.  I am a long time amd/ati gpu  , cpu and mboard user. 

as soon as i upgraded to windows 10x64 my amd radeon ccc broke. i have experienced same as above.   finally , 2 days ago i used the ddu and re installed 15.7.1 i think it is but windows 10 keeps on adding 'radeon settings ' with the new task tray red bunch icon, however that new setting addition is useless. it will not update anything, goes through the motions every time to update from my current 15.30.1602 whatever whatever, shows next update/upgrade 16.3something and the next beta, but nothing happens but spinning wheels, shows successful but no changes

i have a 7950 hd 3gb sapphire boost gpu by the way.

however, just 2 days ago,despite this 'radeon settings' being installed, i have all my 15.7 quality settings back, the color viberance came back too, and , i think they work. presets are lost in the process, no big deal however can not seem to re set new ones. i do use those features as in display extend,disable with right click etc as others do

i am looking to the nvidia 10 series as next jump. i am not able to put up with this total disregard to long time solid customers. been over a year or more with same issues.  no fix , been said better by others already.

just need to put my 2¢ i here. i know i have the features back but am sure there are inherent conflicts that slow down my graphics usage somehow. sluggish in places now. very disappointed i have a 5870 in other machine which i left at win7 and no issues with non crimson there yet fwiw. my 4870 and 4670 i use linux mint 17 and 18 x64Mate now.fast and smooth but still some game issues non microsoft bias . use the 7980 with proprietary amd ccc in linux mint 17.3 x64 mate great for movies and videos and some  games. way better than win10 x64 ccc/driver issues i have

John

0 Kudos
alhd
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have a solution that has worked at least for my setup where at least you can use newer crimson drivers but still use CCC.  For AMD to remove these settings in crimson is rather stupid, if not wrong, since they kind of promise certain features and capabilities when the cards are released, then they have removed some of those features. And I don't believe there is any reason why those settings can't be still included, since I've figured out how to get them with crimson drivers.

So to get advanced video settings back while using newer crimson drivers- and some drivers seem to work/don't work so you may have to try different driver combinations- install a crimson driver but don't install the settings control panel.  You can install the drivers with crimson setup or through device manager, both work. Then install catalyst control center through an old driver setup(it should detect drivers are already installed but no CCC so install it), I've used version 15.7.1 and others but can't remember if they all work or not. Then here is the key- delete or rename atiumdva.dll in windows/syswow64 folder, and replace it with a copy of that file from a CCC version- the one that seems to work for me is catalyst 15.5 beta. You may have to run from command prompt(navigate to \AMD-Catalyst-15.5Beta-64Bit-Win8.1-May27\Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF\B184415)  "expand atiumdva.dl_ atiumdva.dll".  Restart computer or open task manager and end process tree on mom.exe.  Then open CCC and hopefully you should see the right settings.  But the settings may not get applied, so you may have to try different combinations of crimson drivers(so start with an older version maybe, like 15.11, then work up to newer) and different versions of the atiumdva file. And you may have problems with some video players, like youtube seeking doesn't work for me in IE11 on WIN10, or crashes. And maybe some games might have problems, but I don't have the latest games so can't tell, but for older games I haven't had issues. And since I've updated to the windows 10 anniversary update, this fix isn't working as well as before. Can't be sure if it's just my setup that's why trying different combinations may work. I figured this out because those settings were missing from crimson and the crimson settings weren't working in the video players I use, and I was also getting something like flickering that was like dynamic contrast or something and I didn't like how it looked. Good luck and hope it works for everyone.

0 Kudos