cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

thelvyn
Adept II

Create a queue for 6800 xt's

Right now everyone is trying to figure out how to get these things purchased for the holiday season.  Why not allow a queue?  Just have everyone get in line, and when they come out we get them.  Stop people from botting your site constantly and instead just have everyone sign up, send them an email about where they are in line, and then the day stock comes in for them, they can buy or pass.  Give them 24 hours to decide and it goes to the next person.  Put limits on shipping changes and number of cards per credit card, and number of requests per ip, and let us stop hitting f5 for the next few months.

I'm not sure this is the answer but....the current situation is ridiculous.  

11 Replies
etallium
Adept I

+

matusalem
Adept II

Why not, but they have to do something it's not possible like that, I just ask to be able to spend my money on an RX 6800 XT or RX 6900 XT

0 Likes
Tajg918
Adept I

Great idea

Tajx
0 Likes
heyfunny
Journeyman III

This is a fantastic Idea I said nearly the same thing but at a retail level with a human interaction level so it couldn't be gamed via bots or whatever.

Exactement, its very tiring, stressful i just want to understand how to buy one just know how.

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

Watched a video from high profile you-tuber that stated AMD sent a link to the community for the new cards. Is this true?

Did anyone get a link? Hard as hell to find them besides scalpers on Ebay or Craigslist

I haven't seen anything, maybe we need a higher rank?  I just think they need to start doing simpler fixes here.  Put us all in a line and then use that line to filter out scalpers, and make it less about speed, and more about time and stock.  Right now the stress of f5ing and waking up in the middle of the night is just ridiculous.  Find a better way.

Tyzin
Journeyman III

I'd be all for this, EVGA has it set up for the 3000 series cards.  Seems to give them a positive reputation with the community.

Yup, seems like a no brainer.  I think the internet has shown us that innovative scalpers and bots have ruined the normal shopping experience for these items.

We need simple fixes that don't require humans to wake up at 3:30 am to get these things.  Put people before hype, and use that slogan on all of this.  Make Nvidia and other companies that do these door buster things look bad.  There are a ton of human and corporate reasons to do it.

macD-007
Adept I

yes, very good idea, please get this right, at this moment is the situation very bad, please AMD supply more boards and make it a fair system. thanks, best greating from Holland, still waiting for a AMD RX 6800XT or RX 6900XT, last drops it fails during the order process, fail on last step. thanks if you make it possible. 

@thelvyn wrote:

Right now everyone is trying to figure out how to get these things purchased for the holiday season.  Why not allow a queue?  Just have everyone get in line, and when they come out we get them.  Stop people from botting your site constantly and instead just have everyone sign up, send them an email about where they are in line, and then the day stock comes in for them, they can buy or pass.  Give them 24 hours to decide and it goes to the next person.  Put limits on shipping changes and number of cards per credit card, and number of requests per ip, and let us stop hitting f5 for the next few months.

I'm not sure this is the answer but....the current situation is ridiculous.  

0 Likes