cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

meff
Journeyman III

Crashing on higher end games (high, very high + settings) with XFX RX590 Fatboy

After playing any newer game with a bit more requirements, my GPU crashes after a while. Usually happens after 10-20 minutes. It happens in World of Tanks (ultra) and Star Wars Fallen Order (very high). Star Wars is a bit more resilient and it takes about 30+ minutes to crash. It doesn't happen at all on any older games with less GPU usage.

I downloaded latest software and driver:

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL)

I read the people had similar issues and recommended a few steps, increasing allowed power consumption and fan speed.

You can check my screenshot. Power is at max +50%, and fan, I raise it to 90% as soon as it's near 60 degrees.

The thing is, everything was going OK with newer games, before I downloaded this driver update. Last time I updated it was march-april I think.

What I experience, my screen turns black, but the Windows is still running (I can hear youtube music going for instance, even after the buffer). Monitor shuts down, and I see it's looking for signal (scanning for DVI, HDMI, etc..). I'm only able to restart PC after a couple of minutes. When that happens, I hear fan going crazy for 5-6 seconds, probably to cool it down.

2 Replies

You can return to a previous driver that worked just use clean install or try the newer 20.5.1 driver. 

0 Likes

I would also report the issue with that driver to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes