cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yeeboizzzzzz
Journeyman III

crashes while watching netflix

My r7 370k GPU crashes while im watching netlflix or hulu. I can watch videos on youtube without a problem, and games work fine as well. It is reading a code 12 error code when I view the device in device manager. Anyone have any insight on this problem? thanks in advance

0 Likes
9 Replies

I am sure many of us could offer some advice unfortunately we really need the required information about your system to be able to begin to help and please include what software you are using to view the mentioned streaming services.

Read This First

0 Likes

sorry for so much time passing for my reply. I usually watch Netflix in  the Microsoft edge browser and according to device manager I am using driver version 23.20.15017.3010. let me know if you need any specifications. My BSOD reads system_service_exception and what failed is atikmdag.sys. Hope this of more help. thanks. Additional info: before the windows 10 creators update, my computer ran Netflix with no problems whatsoever.

0 Likes

Have you reported the issue to Microsoft and asked them what they changed and why their browser doesn't work since the creators update? You may want to do that as well as letting AMD know about it, which you still have not if you have not submitted an issue report or opened a support ticket. The links for those are in Radeon Settings, the driver download page or contact page on the AMD website. I have no idea what will fix this. I can only tell you I don't use edge ever, and netflix runs fine for me out of chrome and opera. I watch it all the time. My Windows and browsers are fully up to date. My suggestion would be to try another browser until hopefully MS and AMD figure out a fix. This is certainly not the first I have heard of issues like this. They have come and gone several times over the past couple years. One think you could try, not sure if edge allows this, I know the other browsers do, is to turn off hardware acceleration. This may help until there is a driver or software fix.

0 Likes
toadd4039
Journeyman III

Have same problem. I'm using Ryzen 5 2400G.

Any other tasks cause no problem (e.g. watching video on youtube using firefox, playing games...)

but whenever I run netflix app (downloaded on Microsoft Store) screen crashs.

0 Likes

that sounds like an app problem. I would report that issue to Netflix as well. If nothing else they may be able to pinpoint where fault is and attack the issue from the other end. These issues can be hardware, driver, app or Windows itself.

0 Likes
Pinhel
Adept I

Have exactly the same with the same card! Since an interface update they made early 2020.Prime followed the same interface and now has the same issues. But here it freezes, need to reset the pc. After reboot works fine. Seems totaly ramdom, and it is only whilst that dam pop out images from the program cover pops. 

I changed literally every thing, but the R7. Every... Thing... So I pined down tho the r7... 

0 Likes
abebleich
Journeyman III

I think it has to do with HDCP, and it is in the display section under overrides. You have to agree to a eula to enable it.

0 Likes

I had the error while using my sound card, after switching from the AMD hdmi sound which is to the television I have hooked up. Since then I have also disabled all the hdmi soundports as I use only the optical on my sound card to my stereo, and the usb on my hyperx. This seems to have corrected the problem in total.

0 Likes
muneer17a
Adept I

Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes