Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mazoooo0036
Newcomer

Crashes and reboot with RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro Special Edition

Hello,

I'm posting here in order to get some help.

I've built my PC in December and when I first opened it after building it, it restarted on its own a few times, and it took like 5 minutes to reboot normally, so the first crash occured like the first time I opened it. Unfortunately, I can't remember if that was the real first time I opened it or if it was the 2nd time after I installed the drivers.

Since then, I'm experiencing the same kind of crashes on League of Legends. It happened twice today but it usually happens twice a week, it's totally irregular.

My screen turns black, eventually the second one too, and the PC reboots after five / six / seven minutes of black screen.

I've tried to install the drivers manually via the Device Manager, so without Adrenaline, but it crashed twice today.

An update of the AMD driver stopped the crashes (I guess, since it's totally irregular). But then I updated my drivers to play COD:MW to stop the freezes I was experiencing, but my crashes came back on League. Today it also crashed on MW.

My build is :

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 5700 XT Sapphine Nitro+ SE

BeQuiet! PurePower 10 Gold 700W

2x8 Go Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz

I changed the ventirad, and my motherboard is the Asus Prime Pro x570.

Thanks by advance !

0 Likes
1 Reply
firetemper
Journeyman III

Drivers for the 5000 series have been pretty finicky up until fairly recently. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend downloading Display Driver Uninstaller in order to get a clean install of everything. If that doesn't work, unfortunately you may have to wait for another driver update to roll around.

0 Likes