Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Otello1
Adept I

Crashed Matebook 14 making it support a 3440x1440 resolution

Hi!

I just got a Benq EX3410R ultrawide monitor and I'm having problems to make it work with my Matebook 14 (AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics).

The available resolutions doesn't seem to fit the monitor one (3440x1440), so I tried to set a custom one using the AMD Adrenalin software. But it made the laptop crash and it couldn't identify the external monitor again. I tried several things and at the end I had to reinstall Windows again. I'm not sure if it crashed because the settings I put were wrong or for any other motive.

So, can anyone please indicate me which are the correct settings for this custom resolution? Or should I try another approach?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In the end I was able to make it work by using a USB-C adapter with a HDMI 2.0 port, as the problem was related to the laptop HDMI 1.4 port.
Adrenalin still crashes every other day, but it seems to be another problem, related to its interaction with Windows update.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Instead of using Adrenaline to set the custom Resolution to your external Monitor use instead Windows Settings -Graphics.

See if there is the Custom Resolution you want in the drop down menu. Make sure you select the External monitor first in Windows Settings - Display.

0 Likes

I tried that at first, but the resolution I needed wasn't available. Even the recommended one was making the icons and texts stretched.

I forgot try using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) to make your Resolution work. This utility has been useful to other Users here at AMD Forums to install odd Resolutions to work on their monitors.

Here is where you can download and read about it. It is a tiny but powerful utility: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

0 Likes

In the end I was able to make it work by using a USB-C adapter with a HDMI 2.0 port, as the problem was related to the laptop HDMI 1.4 port.
Adrenalin still crashes every other day, but it seems to be another problem, related to its interaction with Windows update.

Good troubleshooting.

Might as well select you last reply as "Solution" since you were able to fix your problem so other Users will know what you did.

HDMI1.4 can only carry 4K@30Hz or compressed 4K@60 4:2:0 instead of 4K@60 4:4:4.

So your monitor's Resolution wasn't supported by your laptop's HDMI version?

0 Likes