Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pipo2899
Adept I

Constant unstability with AM5 system

Hi all,

I ve just built my second ever PC and it's a AM5! I was super excited ordered all parts from store so everything was brand new and I was having a great time. I was super excited since my old pc was a 1060, i5 5k so it was pretty old

Day 1: This day went superb I was having some issues booting so I switched to my old 1060 and boom the pc booted then I switched back to my 2080 Super (it wasnt booting with the 2080 in the first place), I got in installed drivers installed my games and everything, I even had time to play some games at super HIGH FPS!

Day 2: I woke up ready to play some games and my PC wasnt booting.. since I didnt have any lights on my MB to alert what was wrong I just had to start checking parts, and nothing worked UNTIL I disconnected my AIO sata power and boom the PC booted! At this point I was buying a new cooler since the other one seemed bad.. but when I setup my new cooler the pc didnt boot again... at this point I tried everything I bought extra parts for PSU, RAM, COOLER, SSD, everything except CPU and MB and nothing worked still! 

So its gone a week and Ive returned my Asus Prime X670-P and bought a brand new MB (STRIX B650E-F) for a whopping 350$! So at this point Im thinking nothing can go wrong im splashing my well earned money right now on insanely pricey components.. And I just got my B650E-F and installed my cpu (R7600x) my ram (Trident 6400MHz) and my cooler (Be Quiet Rock) and GUESS WHAT? My pc doesnt boot! The MB is flashing red, then orange then red over and over.... 

BUT NOW.... My pc booted... after turning it off and on for 5 times maybe? With good time between to let the ram sit.. but suddenely it boots? What is going on here... why is the PC so weird? why does my PC boot and not boot and then suddenly boot and whatever... Ive splashed almost 2 grand here on this PC and I just want to know what I can do to make it stable? I dont wanna wake up and suddenly my PC wont turn on... like it has been this last week with AM5, am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me troubleshoot? 

Also my MB sends me and error message "New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed on initiall start" 

Then I pressed "Y" for the option to install Windows.. but my MB isnt detecting any WiFi, I've tried 3 different LAN cables so its not the cables.. is this a faulty MB or is it just the instability of AM5? I've never seen that message before and everything about this PC is just screaming "UNSTABLE" so I dont know what to do anymore, maybe just give up and return everything take my 2 grand and go on a holiday to relax for some days because this stuff is giving me constant headache.

Anything helps

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for your reply I got a new set of ram sticks and it still didnt work.. But thats when I removed my cpu cooler and the PC booted... so now I know the problem was the cpu cooler "Be Quiet Rock Pro Slim 2"
as it is booting with the cooler plugged into cpu_fan but the cooler removed and not booting with the cooler clicked in place.. I think it must be too tight of a connection or something im taking it to the shop tomorrow, thanks for your reply!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

first , i would try to set ram to default (no xmp / docp / ... )

is your motherboard bios up to date ?

0 Likes

Hi yes, I run default on the ram 4800mhz, I unplugged my 4pin power connector and removed my aio cooler with a normal stock cooler, and then I updated the bios on the B650E-F to latest BIOS and it now boots and seems stable I got it up and running tonight, will see in the next couple days, I hope it stays just stable because when I run games it runs with super high fps

0 Likes
pipo2899
Adept I

So I just came home from work ready to play my favourite games BUT yes... you guessed it my PC doesnt BOOT! So I got it up yesterday played some games for 2-3hrs stable fps very nice.. but now again like my last MB the pc doesnt boot after day 1.. Anyone know whats causing this problem? Because im lost and now really just on the blink of returning all my parts and forgetting about AM5 tbh... all my parts except for GPU is brand new so I dont think it can be hardware problem considering I also bought 1 xtra of all the components to test the hardware.. only thing thats not new is my RTX 2080 which is PCIE 3.0 running at PCIE 5.0, but again this worked last night for 3 hrs with very good FPS totally fine.. and Ive seen people running 1080 on AM5 so it should work.

In summary:
Bought new am5 pc
Booted for first day then constant booting problems the next week
Returned MB
Bought B650E-F
Booted first day fine and good FPS
Now again Day 2 with this BRAND NEW MB and my pc isnt booting.. its going orange.. then red.. then pause for 30 secs.. then it tries to boot again but with constant failure

Specs:
R7600x
2x16gb ddr5 4800mhz
ssd m.2 sn850x
rtx 2080 s
corsair 750w
b650e-f gaming

0 Likes
bas8534
Adept II

Did you try Kingston memory?  Maybe take to shop and ask to try to run it with a kingston set to see if system works? After ordering a fortune maybe they are ready to give little extra service? Had various issue's with other brands. Some times they work, sometimes they don't.
option two: wrong memory voltage? 6400Mhz at too low voltage will definitely make No Boot  condition. (no default voltage is not always the specified voltage). Also if i am correct 6400Mhz is way above spec of the CPU. Start with 4800Mhz first and double check voltage is set to maximum SPECIFIED voltage by the vendor, do not leave auto. Make sure to type in the right voltage in and: exceeding specification on voltage will void warranty and might damage parts.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply I got a new set of ram sticks and it still didnt work.. But thats when I removed my cpu cooler and the PC booted... so now I know the problem was the cpu cooler "Be Quiet Rock Pro Slim 2"
as it is booting with the cooler plugged into cpu_fan but the cooler removed and not booting with the cooler clicked in place.. I think it must be too tight of a connection or something im taking it to the shop tomorrow, thanks for your reply!