cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

81z3r0
Adept I

Constant RX570 Driver Timeouts, lots of troubleshooting done but still no good. Help is appreciated.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: MSI RX 570 8GB OC Edition

CPU: RYZEN 5 1600X 6 CORE 12 THREADS (Wraith Spire Cooler)

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Plus (BIOS Ver. 7A34vMF)

RAM: 16GB (2x8) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR-4 2400MHZ CL16

PSU: Corsair CXM 650W 80+ BRONZE SEMI-MODULAR

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19043

GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.8.2

Description of Problem: Constant GPU display driver timeouts. No joke it has been constant for the past 3 years when I built this thing! It could instantly be on a cold boot, using a browser, gaming, or it would work fine but left to idle for 10 minutes would cause the issue. Some nights I will be able to get in a few hours gaming without any issues but when I stop the timeouts will begin...

Troubleshooting: Multiple drivers, using DDU every time, and all the suggestions in general troubleshoot thread on r/AMDHelp. The card was replaced within the first 3 months when I bought it and send back for RMA about 6 months ago and still nothing changes. I have swapped the PSU and RAM but no luck and also applied fresh thermal paste to the GPU (& CPU) about a month ago. I tried using just the GPU driver without the Adrenaline software, didn't help. Windows Memory Diagnostic multiple times but found no errors... I have tried under/overclocking and can get it stable but the timeout still occur. I have gone through so many post on here, Reddit, Toms etc...

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wits end with this with no hope to build again in the near future so it would be nice to enjoy what I have...

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have a final update.

The one main thing I haven't done so far is swap the GPU out to see what happens. So I managed to get a hold of a Galax GTX 970 OC for cheap and it's been 3 days now and zero issues so far. Man it feels good to not stress over it anymore!

I find it hard to believe that the MSI RX570 OC 8GB is so terrible but it certainly seems that way! It was replaced once by the retailer and sent for repair to MSI but it was still complete garbage...

Thank you to anyone who had suggestions and tried to help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Bit of a strange one.

Personally MSI mobo's I don't like (never had a good one). I always use ASUS as have never had a bad one..

Corsair PSU is made by Seasonic so are good, but I always use Seasonic and 850w gold as a minimum..

Myself if money was no problem, i would buy an ASUS x370 Prime and upgrade the PSU. 

I had the x370 Prime with a Ryzen 1700 and it was solid with my Seasonic x850 modular PSU and same ram you have now..

You are using about 350w of power, so unless the PSU isn't giving stable power you should be fine..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I have tried another PSU in the past but it was bronze rated too so maybe I'll try and get my hands on a gold. Unfortunately upgrades are very low priority for me at the moment but I appreciate the advice.

It's been a long time now but the issue is always a driver timeout issue. Never had a problem that caused a full system crash or BSOD.

0 Likes

I managed to get my hands on a new PSU, NZXT C650 which is 80+ gold rated, and maybe things are a little better but I still have very very frequent driver timeouts.

0 Likes

There have been some driver time outs with the drivers for some time now..

Read the driver notes and it says RX500 series are having this problem, Lucky I haven't had any...

Try to find one of the older drivers from before it started. 21.7.1 doesn't list it in the driver notes..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I've been going through the drivers looking for something stable, well more stable, and have settled on 20.11.2 for now. Also I am trying an under-clock/volt again with a decent fan curve and I still have random timeout issues but it seems not as often at the moment. Now its often instead of always! If I think I need to then I'll try the 21.7.1 driver you suggested.

The one game which I still have real issues with is Squad and it's almost unplayable. 10% of the time I can play without issues for hours but the other 90% are awful and the game crashes at will...

0 Likes

I have a final update.

The one main thing I haven't done so far is swap the GPU out to see what happens. So I managed to get a hold of a Galax GTX 970 OC for cheap and it's been 3 days now and zero issues so far. Man it feels good to not stress over it anymore!

I find it hard to believe that the MSI RX570 OC 8GB is so terrible but it certainly seems that way! It was replaced once by the retailer and sent for repair to MSI but it was still complete garbage...

Thank you to anyone who had suggestions and tried to help.

0 Likes