cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nicholasfank
Journeyman III

Constant black screens/crashing RX 580

Over the last 48 hours my computer has been very difficult to use.

My computer commonly freezes with a black screen, sometimes returning back and sometimes requiring a full restart.

I have also seen artefacts on a few occasions.

Example times this occurred includes having only Chrome running and only Radeon Settings running.

I have tried drivers 19.1.1, 19.1.2 and rolled back to an 18.xxx driver too

One error message that has popped up is

Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure.

I have not had these issues in the past, both my CPU and GPU have remained at low temperatures over this time.

RX580

i7 4770k

16gb ram

The inside of my computer is clean and all plugs are securely in place

Please help, I'm not sure where to turn.

1 Reply
bassmek2
Adept II

looks to me that your video card is over heating make sure ur fans are turning.. i would also download gpu-z when u get that installed open wattman then open gpu-z, on the right side where it says bus interface  there is a question mark click that but don't check off render in full screen then watch your temps i'm not sure what max temp is on that card but its somewhere like 90c if it even comes close to that just close the render and set manual fan speeds to spool to 80% at like 60c or whatever u like then try again and see if that helps temps . if that doesn't help temps u might have to check your heat sink to see if its clogged up if not then u might have to reapply thermal paste only do this if u are comfortable with taking off the heat sink.

0 Likes