cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

stella
Journeyman III

connecting rx560 with hdmi-to-vga connector/converter

I bought this pc yesterday, it has RX560 gpu with display port, hdmi and dvi-d ports. Problem is, my monitor has only VGA port. I bought a hdmi to vga converter but when i connect it, picture i get is terrible, full of distorsion, and resolution downgrades to 1024x768 (instead of my normal res of 1280x1024). When I try to change resolution the picture gets moved to the left, there are some green lines on the bottom, and i think it's even more distorded then it was with lower res. Is this normal or is my hdmi-vga cable bad? How should picture converted with hdmi-vga look like? Please help. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alishafique
Journeyman III

Hmm i think you have faced a problem with your card try to move to your local computers store and technicians and ask them for help or maybe your gpu is corrupted

0 Likes

To get good VGA input from your HDMI/DP to VGA Adapter it must be an "Active" VGA Adapter.

An Active HDMI/DP to VGA adapter converts the HDMI/DP signal BEFORE reaching your VGA Input on your monitor.

Also try getting a HD HDMI/DP to VGA Active adapter.

As an example only like this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-HDMI-Adapter-3-5mm-Audio/dp/B00ZMV7RL2

Screenshot 2021-08-19 104255.png

The above would eliminate the VGA Adapter you have installed. If same problem see if you have another VGA monitor to connect and see if the same thing occurs or change to a different Video output port on the GPU Card.

0 Likes