cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

justincase
Adept I

Conflict between R9 M265X and network adapter?

The problem started a few months ago. Recently i had to erase the hardisk, including the Toshiba Recovery partition (it wasn't working anyway) and installed Windows 10 Home.
Now the laptop only uses the Intel HD 4600 graphics card. The device manager shows randomly the AMD gpu ("show hidden devices" enabled) and, when it does, it is disabled by Windows because, according to the OS, it is "causing problems".

The weirdest thing is, also recently, when i start Windows, sometimes the network adapter gets disabled (obviously loosing my internet connection) and when this happens the AMD gpu gets enabled (?) It's as if there is some kind of a conflict between these two components...

I already tried clean installations of the most recent graphics card drivers for the Intel and the AMD, also the original manufacturer ones.

Am i missing something?

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite P70-B-102

Thank you in advance for any help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi.

Just came here to give some feedback. Went to a Toshiba representative store to do a free diagnosis to this laptop and they ended up saying what i suspected: that it is a hardware issue. Fixing this hardware problem is way too expensive for my budget and they couldn't assure me that they could fix it. And if they couldn't fix it, they wouldn't charge anything but there would be a risk of bricking the laptop.

That said, i made the decision to try to sell it as it is. Meanwhile i'm going to use it anyway with what it still has: the Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I figure that it was never built to endure heavy duty gaming and that's what it was mostly used for. And the problem with the dedicated GPU is the outcome. It's obviously not a gaming laptop.

Thank you again eltaci for spending your time to try to help me with this issue.

Wish you all the best

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies