cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gojin
Adept I

Computer won't allow over 1920x1080 resolution

Hello, I have an AOC G2460V FreeSync 16:10 1920x1200 75Hz monitor, upon initially receiving this monitor, (after switching to DisplayPort cable) I could use it to it's full extent, 16:10, refresh rate resolution. However, after doing a  custom clean install of the new 18.4.xxx something Radeon RX 500 series driver. I can no longer set my computer resolution to 1920x1200. However, 16:10 supported resolutions lower than 1080p do function if it helps, I'm currently typing this with my monitor set to 75hz and 1680x1050 resolution (next best thing) I have FreeSync toggled on, Virtual Super Resolution is toggled on, GPU scaling is enabled. (full panel) And my system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5Ghz 6 core black edition
GPU: Rx 560 2gb 1176Mhz
RAM: 8gb 803Mhz Single channel RAM
Coolers: Stock fans (3)
HDD: Seagate 1tb 7200RPM
PSU: no clue.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

It happens sometimes that screen resolutions that should be there for whatever reason are no longer there. Nobody wants to reinstall Windows to get back, thanks to ToastyX you don't have to.

He made nice little utility that you can add the resolution you want back in and then choose it from the list like you are supposed to be able to. Give it a try: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

I should add I only reference this for you as you said it did work before and now doesn't as noted above the official specs for you monitor don't look like they do support this at least not officially.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies