cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Baps
Journeyman III

Computer restarts whil playing "heroes of the storm" (RX 5700XT)

Hi everybody,

I bought an AMD RADEON 5700 XT from Gigabyte (8go OC version) five months ago to replace my old GTX 1060.

It was the first time that i bought a graphic card from AMD.

I play several games, but mostly "Heroes of the storm".

Since the beginning, i encounter some issues with this game, and ONLY on this game (unfortunatly the one i play the most.)
Everything else is working great.

here's the problem : when "heroes of the storm" is launched, i will have a full restart of my computer at randoms moments.

- in the menu
- while playing.

I don't have clues to tell you when it happens, but it happens everytime.
the most unpleasant thing is that it happens at EVERY game session once or twice.

when the computer restarts, (i have 2 screens) i have a green and a black screen just before it happens.

This is really annoying, especially when i play ranked games, furthermore, it cannot be a good thing for my hardware.

I tried so many things to fix it without results (uninstall drivers / clear cmos / uninstall game / change AMD settings/ etc...) , and it seems that nobody in the world encountered this specific problem.

Can you help me please ? i'm really thinking of go back to my old 1060 when i did not have any problem

the AMD experience is not what i expected

computer parts :

Processor : Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard : MSI B450 Gaming plus Max
Graphic Card : Radeon RX 5700XT 8G OC from Gigabyte
Ram : ballistix 2x8go ddr4 3200 CL16
Power supply : bequiet 650W gold
SSD Nvme Sabrent 256 go
Windows 10

I did not overclock anything except for the RAM (it's not even overclocking, but it is at 2400 from the factory and i just put it at 3200)

Thanks a lot for your answers,

I hope there is a solution

0 Likes
0 Replies