cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

medavidcook
Journeyman III

Computer freeze

My PC will randomly freeze and the screen goes black, the only way to resolve this is to hold down the power button.

I have two monitors, the main monitor goes black the other one will stay as it is.

Main monitor is connected via DisplayPort Cable and the second monitor HDMI (monitor is older and doesnt have Display Port)

All drivers are upto date, I am using AMD software which is up to date with the latest version. This has been happening for a while, and I recently done a factory reset on my PC and it still happens.

Windows updates are paused, to stop the drivers from forcing themselves through. If anyone has ideas please help as this is getting annoying and happens at random times like gaming or browsing the internet.

It seems to be related to my graphics card, as motherboard bios is up to date, yet its happened 3 times today

My system:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.59 GHz

RAM 16GB

GPU is AMD Ryzen 5700XT

0 Likes
5 Replies
medavidcook
Journeyman III

I also get this error 

Capture.PNG

however windows updates are paused and no update for 2 weeks, also when i download the AMD software again its the same as the one on my PC. Its a constant issue with AMD GPU, seriously considering changing

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make/model of your Power Supply?

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your 5700xt

Make sure  you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

You can run the program called DDU to remove all past/present AMD GPU driver residue .. reboot .. and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

You can try using different HDMI or DP  cable or both

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Power supply is CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY

it has separate power cables

I have installed latest chipset driver, 

Windows is up to date,

I should say this hasnt been an issue for 2 years. Its only started doing this in last 3 months. Will let you knowif happens again

0 Likes

Done all of the above and still happening, even happened with windows update off and no amd software

0 Likes
rjbankai
Adept I

this is an issue with the drivers the latests drivers with second monitor if you use only one monitor you should be fine, that is not a solve answer cause you should be ok using and other monitor while you playing .... most of what i read on the internet point on the new way of handling dx11 or something in this area people recommand to go back to and old driver i think it's the 22.5.1

So far amd seems to be ignoring this issue even if there is people that are talking about this issue that is here for a while for some customer like this post : 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/zx95x9/psa_disable_dxnavi/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios...

0 Likes