cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ScarX
Journeyman III

Computer boots into bios after switching from nvidia to radeon

Hello, I recently switched from Nvidia to AMD Radeon. I used to have a GTX 970 and now i have a MSI RX 5700 EVOKE GP OC

I have a problem, every time i launch my PC, it boots into bios. I read that it could come from a bad boot order so I checked on internet and it should be fine. I only selected UEFI. I also read that it could boot into bios if a device isn't plugged in well it appears that the graphics card doesn't perfectly line up with the hole at the back of my case but when i plug the HDMI cable in it does the "click" noise. My new graphics card is a PCI x16 if it can help you.

I deleted the old Nvidia drivers and installed the AMD software. 

I can still use my PC because first it starts into bios but I don't change anything, I save and quit the bios and I can use my computer. I don't know if it could be a power supply problem. 

Also sometimes when i am playing, a green screen appears and I can't do anything, i have to reboot.

If you need any information please ask me.

Thank you,

ScarX

0 Likes
2 Replies

First you need to post your Computer information including your Make & Model of your PSU and Motherboard & Processor.

When you power on the computer with the AMD GPU card and it goes directly into BOOT Menu that generally means some BIOS setting needs to be changed.

Also when it first boots into BIOS are there any Motherboard Trouble LED or Digital Codes lit up?  That will narrow down to which hardware is having issues.

MSI Support recommends a MINIMUM PSU of 750 Watts to run your computer with the RX5700 GPU Card.

If this is a Pre-Built computer it probably has a weak PSU installed. IF you built your PC yourself then you still need to post your Make & Model of your PSU.

Make sure the GPU Card is installed securely and not moving around and it is all the way down inside the PCIe slot where it latches automatically.  Also that you have connected any PSU PCIe GPU Power cables to the GPU card if applicable.

0 Likes

Hello, thank you for your answer!

I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz, a Z170A PC MATE motherboard and a VS 550 Corsair PSU which is 550 watts so it may be the problem. I looked on the motherboard when it was booting to bios and i only saw a red led flickering next to the ram. I have 32Gb of HyperX ram (4x8Gb). I didnt add ram recently and before I added the new GPU, it wasn't booting to bios. The graphics card  isn't moving  in the slot. The card is PCIe x16 and the cables  I have in the computer are split like this : 2x group of 6 pines and 2x group of 2 pines so i was wondering if I needed to put the cables in a particular order or if it wasn't important. I don't know if you understood that last question but I'm assuming it doesn't matter. I noticed another problem ; whenever I launch a game, it changes the brightness of the screen. This  is an intended feature of the card but it doesn't quite work for me : the screen flickers a couple times when i launch any game. It could be the same problem as the bios one but i don't know. If you need further information ask me.

Thank you 

ScarX

0 Likes