cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

indextm
Adept II

COD: Warzone Graphics bug weapon sight - RX Vega 56

I have (light effects) around and in the sight. It is permanent and depends on the background. With some backgrounds you don't see the effect, with others you see it a little and as in this case you see it clearly.

Changing the graphics settings in the graphics driver or in the game or use the global settings and reset to factory defaults will not fix the error.

Latest graphics driver is installed (20.2.2)

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience, this issue should now be resolved in the game update that was released. More information is available here. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE AND WARZONE PATCH NOTES - APRIL 28th, 2020 

View solution in original post

190 Replies
youngspawn89
Adept II

PC specs: 

AMD Radeon vega 64

Ram: 32GB

AMD 3800X

1200W PSU Plat*

3x SSD Samsung EVO

1x Nvme 3.0

When you look on Release Note of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Highlights

No post about it's a knowned issue, And Iam pretty sure AMD don't even use this Forum, other than we have a place to cry about their failure to fix stuff. Custom build cooling on my Vega, and Next time "I AM GLAD TO PAY MORE TO HAVE LESS ISSUES THAT CAN GIVE ME BRAIN CANCER"

0 Likes

Umm, this issue is a problem for both AMD and NVidia, and seems to have been introduced after a specific game update as well, so it wasn't always there. Whatever caused this happened on the game developer's end, and they haven't even acknowledged it. At least AMD and Nvidia know about it.

0 Likes
vulpixatalola
Journeyman III

1800X
Vega 64 strix (2X but Xfire was off)
3200Mhz 16Gb of RAM

1200W PSU (seperate 8 pin cables to both cards because they didnt like daisy chained ones)
SSD HDD etc

Weird graphical issues in CoD MW as seen in others pictures. As much as i love the driver software AKA adrenalin more than GeForce experience in every way, if im going to have graphical issues in games i frequent that makes me wanna upgrade my system with an AMD card much less, i have a 1080TI sitting here with me aswell and that has 0 issues running it, the only reason im keeping the Vega active is because Tarkov runs better and looks better on it. FIX IT PLEASE

0 Likes

Honestly I don't believe this is AMDs issue. The problem started out of the blue, after the big December update. Since then Activision not responding to the issue. Now even nvidia owners have a similar problem.

Agreed, its since the December update, I reverted back to the driver that worked back in December and this drivers is now doing the exact same. if it was n driver issue the revered driver should have worked. This seems to be a issue on Activisions side but they don't care about their support, 2 months with an open ticket and no feedback from them.

0 Likes

koby16 wrote:

Agreed, its since the December update, I reverted back to the driver that worked back in December and this drivers is now doing the exact same. if it was n driver issue the revered driver should have worked. This seems to be a issue on Activisions side but they don't care about their support, 2 months with an open ticket and no feedback from them.

Game developers often can be puzzled over what is wrong. I have found lots of bugs in windows as a developer over time.

0 Likes
youngspawn89
Adept II

I think they are more busy, making skins and the new Battle-royal updates / new Season ready (BattlePass).

0 Likes

Ya, Thought the release of Season 3 will fix this but still same issue, Seems like the only way fixing this is to buy another graphics card....

0 Likes

Still the same issue, in spite of season 3 update...so annoying...

Grafic settings doesn´t matter...i´ve tried so many different ones...

GPU: Vega 56

CPU: Ryzen 5. 3600

Next PC is going to be an intel Plattform and a Geforce GPU...so sad...

0 Likes

In Russian there is such a phrase: in spite of the bus driver, I will pay for the fare, but I myself will go on foot. Intel with Nvidia would generally ignore same problems.

0 Likes

I have found lots of the drivers to be flakey. 20.4.1 finally is more stable for my box.

THE HAF 932 RIG – HARDCORE GAMES™ 

I have an RX 480 stuffed into at the moment, have not bought a new video card for a while now.

0 Likes
mjentos
Journeyman III

Why are you posting this driver in every thread without even checking if it works. This game with this driver wont even start, the driver is too old.

martin62
Journeyman III

Confirmed , still pixels around iron sight & scoopes....  time for change? what geForce will you recommend lads??

0 Likes
greekboy1997
Journeyman III

Last time I bought a GPU from AMD. The company has clearly abandoned the RX Vega-series. I also had a graphical glitch on the map "The Final Reich" on CoD: WW2, where the entire map just had black textures everywhere. This was never fixed and the only solution was to use older AMD drivers (Call of Duty:WWII - Final Reich Missing (Black) Textures). These problem are mostly prevalent in the RX Vega-series, but AMD doesn't care about problems which only the minority of their customers have. Completely unacceptable. I'll be saving money and getting a NVIDIA GPU as soon as I can.

mcfarad
Adept I

Same problem =(( I have Sapphire Vega 64 liquid cooling... I still have gtx1080 and there is no such problem... I like my VEGA64 and I don't want to switch back to gpu from Nvidia... Why are AMD employees silent? Is work underway to identify and fix this problem? In the table of contents of this post is the status of the problem "CONSIDERED SOLVED". Why?Аннотация 2020-04-02 153515.jpg

Dude, why would you use the RX Vega 64 over the GTX 1080 anyway? Even without the graphical glitches of the RXV64, the 1080 has better benchmarks and it works as intended IN EVERY GAME. I don't get it.

0 Likes

I apologize in advance for my English if I write something wrong;) VEGA 64 with HBM is more interesting for me in technical terms than GTX1080 with GDDR. The development of GDDR has reached its maximum and this technical architecture limited on the bitness of the bus. Technically, the VEGA 64 is more productive than the gtx1080. The image on the output of VEGA seemed to me more detailed and stable. When I launched Metro Exodus with a GPU from Radeon, I was pleasantly surprised) I have the impression that Nvidia upscales the image... + in CodMW, GTX is also not as good as we would like I will attach a screenshot to this answer. It shows that there are problems with the shadow. I don't believe the benchmarks, because I think Nvidia is playing a dishonest game. Fps is not always an indicator of technical superiority And the fact that Nvidia has started using HBM in their GPUs for professional purposes tells me that we will see gaming cards with this technology in the next generation of GeForce I'm not a fan of AMD, but I respect them very much for always being one step ahead of the competition.Аннотация 2020-04-04 195000.jpg

bembek5
Journeyman III

Still unplayable, I can't believe in lack of empathy for us gamers. Thanks AMD, CU in 10 years... CPU is good, but an AMD GPU (Vega 64) is getting replaced. This is a GPU for office stuff, not for gaming obviously....

0 Likes
ulrichj
Journeyman III

Same problem with a Radeon VII and AMD 3950x

0 Likes
clemrm
Adept I

Why is this not fix yet? Has there even been any reach out to activation by AMD? A simple email? Anything?

How the hell is this a problem still in April. 

Where is amdmatt‌ with an update? Is activation ignoring you guys, or is this simply a tech issue on vega side.

Why haven't there been updates in a month? Please.

The issue is still under investigation. Once i have a further update i will post in this thread. 

0 Likes
hinksy90
Journeyman III

Just wanted to chime in and say the same is happening to me.

R5 3600

Vega 64 gigabyte oc

16gb 3600mhz

Playing at 1080p high

0 Likes
rajadog20
Adept I

Same issue here since the game launched with my Radeon VII. 

I also get a much more extreme although similar issue in Battlefront II where the shadows freak out and look like a checkerboard, it's always been there and nothing I change fixes it. I assume there is an issue with how the shaders are loaded in DX12 with AMD cards.

has anyone tried DX11?

0 Likes

i didnt find option to switch dx versions . May be someone know how to do it?

0 Likes

on battle.net go options->game settings, tick additional cmd line arguments and type -d3d11

cod hasnt crashed since i done this

alexandrino
Journeyman III

Hi from Russia

Ryzen 2700x

Crosshair VII

Vega 56 latest driver (Red Dragon Vega 56) 

Got same problem weapon sight pixels.

Interesting that inside houses no problem at all but if you look some where like on groun then on tree or whater it happens again and again they didn fix problem even in 20.4.1 driver that came just 4 days ago.

Next time will take nvidia sorry amd. and other problems with old games as Ghotic 1/2 for exemple stuttering and lagging.

Hey, I heared from a mate. He have Nvidia, same issue. Money is not a problem for me, but change to Nvida 2080TI won't fix the issue, and I still feel Nvidia is rip you off.

0 Likes
robsomeone
Journeyman III

I just registered to tell you I have the same issue (Vega 64) Please for the love of god keep me from buying Nvidia and fix this!

jedisaiyan
Adept I

IW released patch 1.19 and the problem is not fixed.
I still have this issue on my Vega 56 and my friend on RTX 2070...
In Black Ops 4 everything is okey... well maybe in BO5 we will not gonna have this problem.... :/

0 Likes
indextm
Adept II

One month later the graphic bug is still not fixed!!! 13278 views and 112 comments.... amdmattray_m

youngspawn89
Adept II

PC specs: 

AMD Radeon vega 64

AMD 3800X

1200W PSU Plat*

3x SSD Samsung EVO

1x Nvme 3.0

As before I replied before if people could take 2 sec and scroll up. This "issue is not only AND related but also Nvidia have same issue".

But yes, it is VERY Disappointed, that AMD and Nvidia don't put pressure on Infinity Ward to fix it. Maybe Corona is the reason it go slow? And I had this Issue from Release, What I can remember, because I first returned at the mid Season 2, and noticed it. But it does not make my K/D fall, but it annoying I agree.

0 Likes

youngspawn89 wrote:

PC specs: 

AMD Radeon vega 64

AMD 3800X

1200W PSU Plat*

3x SSD Samsung EVO

1x Nvme 3.0

As before I replied before if people could take 2 sec and scroll up. This "issue is not only AND related but also Nvidia have same issue".

But yes, it is VERY Disappointed, that AMD and Nvidia don't put pressure on Infinity Ward to fix it. Maybe Corona is the reason it go slow? And I had this Issue from Release, What I can remember, because I first returned at the mid Season 2, and noticed it. But it does not make my K/D fall, but it annoying I agree.

They game is problematic so I have gone back to playing other games that do not crash on me.

I do notice it in multiplayer, battleroyal and Plunder, but most of the time I busy killing. There was only few time when it have been extreme and irritated. ^^

0 Likes

AMD Radeon vega 64

AMD 3800X

1200W PSU Plat*

3x SSD Samsung EVO

1x Nvme 3.0

Hey I am in same Situation, but I am leaving the Game.

The pixel issue is so annoying when you try to aim at some one in long Distance, and every 4 -5 game, some one is exploiting a bug or hacking, and they don't even try to hide it. All the reports of the serval people, i don't see them get removed from the game.

Since I blocked the cheaters, I know when a Cheat join the lobby. I know people can be good, but hackng with hidding it and you see it on kill cam. In warzone and Multiplayer. The game is getting so Toxic.

Nothing is going to be done, this case or the cases of hacker.

I feel, they just want you money and don't care about the player base. Same in BF DICE, left it for some years ago, Anti cheat doesn't exist. Cheaters should get Jail time and the Cheat makes Lifetime. Only fear will make them think Twice before they do it.

0 Likes

It does appear that infinity ward does not test their games very well with team red hardware

i have a gtx 1060 to test problems of games not working so well

otherwise i use my rx 480 which has 8gb vram v 3gb

0 Likes
mtolgae
Adept I

I don't think "issue is not only AND related but also Nvidia have same issue" is true. It is not an amd problem including all cards at all. Wherever I check (forums/youtube comments, etc.) there are hundreds of vega users (and radeon VII) who have this exact problem but only 1 or 2 nvidia users and 3 or 4 amd users who have cards other than vega. For example I don't remember seeing many owners of 5700 series cards with this problem. Nobody has this problem on nvidia forums.

So, yes the problem came with CoD MW update but it generally affected Vega cards. So AMD HAS TO solve this problem with or without Activision/Infinity Ward.

katusch
Adept I

Hi.

Got the same prob with a vega 56.
Still no fix?

0 Likes

No it's not fixed, and probably it's never gonna be.
I messaged directly on twitter Infinity Ward, Activision Support and IW Community Manager  about tthis problem, and with a link to this forum post, and like always no response.

Infinity Ward Community Manager is one big meme in the MW community, all she does is playing Minecraft and  reposting patch notes from official website lol.

0 Likes
jangelo96
Adept I

Same issue, Radeon VII with latest AMD driver. Really disappointing for the money I spent on this game and GPU. AMD and Activision get your sh*t together and solve this problem!

0 Likes

They just don't care.... 5 months and still not even an update on this....

0 Likes