cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

indextm
Adept II

COD: Warzone Graphics bug weapon sight - RX Vega 56

I have (light effects) around and in the sight. It is permanent and depends on the background. With some backgrounds you don't see the effect, with others you see it a little and as in this case you see it clearly.

Changing the graphics settings in the graphics driver or in the game or use the global settings and reset to factory defaults will not fix the error.

Latest graphics driver is installed (20.2.2)

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience, this issue should now be resolved in the game update that was released. More information is available here. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE AND WARZONE PATCH NOTES - APRIL 28th, 2020 

View solution in original post

190 Replies
koby16
Journeyman III

Same Issue with VEGA 56 Card,

have a Open Ticket with AMD SR #{ticketno:[8200948052]}, Installed drivers, updated drivers, revert back to old drivers. Also did a clean boot as requested ETC and still it is not fixed.

Does not matter what settings i change same issue.

Unfortunately it seems that there is no fix for this......

SR #{ticketno:[8200948052]}

0 Likes
thekerfuffle
Journeyman III

Having the same issue. Can anyone confirm for me that the bug happens in standard Modern Warfare as well as Warzone? I have a buddy begging me to buy to full game, but I can't shell out $60 with this bug driving me insane. Thanks.

0 Likes

The problem started back in December after CoDs big update, way before warzone released. Since then, the game is unplayable for me.

0 Likes
bosnjaka
Journeyman III

Latest drivers installed. Same issue. Vega 56. Just adding so they can see the gravity of the situation. A huge population of Vega owners are having this issue, and with one of the most popular titles out there right now. This has been going on for months without a fix.

dr_chan
Journeyman III

Im shocked that amd team have not fix this bug in so many days,maybe we should sell our amd graphic cards and buy nvidia cards XD.

0 Likes
indextm
Adept II

Not fixed with driver update 20.3.1!

0 Likes
azvisuals
Journeyman III

Same issue for me, in the main COD Modern Warfare game as well as Warzone. Vega 64 card with all drivers updated. Really unfortunate bug that makes me not be able to play the game since I can't see through the sights.  

vitee
Journeyman III

Same issue here, with the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT.

20.2.2 driver version.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
bugissueshelp
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2600x

Vega 56

I have the same bug with sights/optics when ADSing. It is unbearable and a shame, the card performs really well but this bug is killing the experience

kbronx
Journeyman III

same Problem here.. Vega 56. please fix this 

0 Likes
mark4444
Journeyman III

Exact same problem so I hope it's being looked into still.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

GPU: Vega 56

Radeon Software: 20.3.1

Gaming Profile: eSports

Tried a variety of in-game settings and it has zero impact on this issue.

0 Likes
rounet
Journeyman III

Same problem here. My company was supposed to renew all of their computers with AMD cards, i told them not to because of the lack of fixes from AMD. Just sad.

0 Likes
slurpyturkey
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Vega 56 Sapphire Pulse. 

0 Likes
foefum
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Is there an ETA to fix or an update?  I have used DDU and am still getting the issue.  I don't want to have to buy a new card considering this was my latest venture into a switch for NVIDIA to AMD.  I am very much so considering going back.

0 Likes
lemi
Adept I

Hello world

I have the same problem!
I am using Ryzen 7 2700 with Vega 56 16GB RAM

Not really cool.... considering these GPUs were their high-end line back in the day.

Is it maybe the HBM2 memory?

0 Likes
koby16
Journeyman III

Opened Tickets with BOTH AMD and ACTIVISION, but unable to assist me, Seems like they just don't care. Seems like the only solution is to go back to Nvidia.

0 Likes
lemi
Adept I

ok guys, this worked for me so fingers crossed that it works for y'all

in game settings under graphics i have set Fullscreen borderless instead of just Fullscreen
Then i restarted game shaders inside CoD

Oh, but before everything I restarted all the shaders in the AMD software

Hey, Thanks for the update. Just wondering, how did you restart the shaders in the AMD software?

0 Likes

Good day Lemi,

Thank you for your reply, Can you be more specific om exactly everything you did in the AMD software? I used the " reset shader cache " but still the same issue, maybe im missing something?

Thank you

0 Likes

I think I figured it out. He must've meant the "Reset Shader Cache" option in the Global Graphics section of the Radeon Software. It should be third from the bottom. Gonna try it out and report back.

0 Likes

Hi, That is what i did but still the same issue, please let me know

0 Likes

Hey, So I just tried two matches with it. The first one, I'd switched to borderless, and then reset the cache in Radeon, and then reset it in the game after restarting it. No change.

Second, I reset the cache in-game, then came out and reset the cache in Radeon, restarted the game, and played one. Still no change.

Also just reset the cache in game again, so that didn't work either.

0 Likes

Hi, Thank you anyways, soo we still waiting for a FIX. This is sooooooo annoying, Seems to be mostly on the Vega cards. Tried this but same issue...

0 Likes

I tried this and pretty sure it has fixed it for me.  Reset AMD cache, re-install game shaders and set to borderless.  i only tried in practice mode so far but assuming it's fixed.

It hasn't fixed it for me, it seemed like it had but still occurring. 

I'm on Ryzen 3600, Vega 56.

The problem seems to occur with the gun interacting with textures at certain distances.  Doesn't happen with the sky!

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes

Hi, Jip also tried it but same issue

0 Likes
davidrico
Journeyman III

Hi, have same issue here. Play with Radeon VII

0 Likes
lemi
Adept I

sorry guys, wasn't at home

well, bad news is that it returned for me also after a few games. It actually may be up to Activision since nVidia users are expiriencing similar problems. Hope they'll fix it since I consider it a really good game

0 Likes

It's a problem on the game's end. It wasn't there when the game launched, and then the devs updated the game, and this issue was born. The devs are gonna have to figure out what they did.

0 Likes

Agreed, Worked fine until the update back in december 2019

0 Likes
thinkingaboutred
Journeyman III

Does anyone know why my game keeps crashing during the menu and during the tutorial like 5 minutes into the tutorial game play? 

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700X

RX Vega 64

16GB RAM

B450 Strix mobo

Latest Radeon drivers 4/1/2020

0 Likes

Hi, Do you have your XMP profile enabled in your bios. If so please disable it and test again. had to disable my XMP profile.

0 Likes

I didn't have an XMP profile running for my memory, but a manual overclock. What exactly did you have it set to?

0 Likes

I had to reset bios to defaults and run as is. not sure if it is the same issue but worth the try.

0 Likes
dzhiku
Adept I

Same bug.

CPU:           AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (Summit Ridge, ZP-B1)
               4000 MHz (40.00x100.0) @ 3998 MHz (40.00x100.0)
Motherboard:   ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
BIOS:          5406, 11/13/2019
Chipset:       AMD X370 (Promontory)
Memory:        16384 MBytes @ 1499 MHz, 16-16-16-35
               - 8192 MB PC19200 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology BLS8G4D30AESEK.M8FE
               - 8192 MB PC19200 DDR4 SDRAM - Crucial Technology BLS8G4D30AESEK.M8FE
Graphics:      GIGABYTE RX Vega 56 GAMING OC (GV-RXVEGA56GAMING OC)
               AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8192 MB HBM2 SDRAM
Drive:         ST31000524AS, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive:         GIGABYTE GP-GSTFS31480GNTD, 468.9 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive:         ADATA SP600, 125.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Sound:         ATI/AMD Vega - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound:         AMD Zen - HD Audio Controller
Network:       Intel I211AT Copper (Pearsonville) Network Adapter
OS:            Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18363.752 (1909/November 2019 Update)

0 Likes
mark4444
Journeyman III

sdfsdf.jpg

Not sure why this is marked as 'Assumed Answered' when the recent release notes don't mention it as fixed or known issue.

Issue still present after update to Radeon Software 20.4.1

It makes this game fairly unplayable.

j0rg
Journeyman III

I have the same issue.

PC specs: 

AMD Radeon Vega 64

Intel i5-9600k

32 GB Corsair RAM

650W PSU

0 Likes
pomaknes