cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

katitan
Adept I

Cintiq Pro 16 remains black with Radeon RX Vega 64

So I got a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 and thought it would work because it's basically just a 4k monitor connected with miniDisplayPort and USB 3.0 (if you don't have USB-C Thunderbolt for both the USB and monitor input). But unfortunately it remains black even though both the PC and the Wacom Desktop Center detect it. It's even the 1st monitor and the resolution is shown correctly in the Windows settings.

I tried it with the included Wacom Link Pro and a miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (POSUGEAR) since this graphics card doesn't have a miniDisplayPort slot. I also tried it with HDMI but this doesn't work either. When I tried it on another PC it worked with HDMI even though my graphics perfomance has to be way better than its (sadly I don't know the specs of the other PC but it's possible that it doesn't even have a graphics card build in). My TV works with all the HDMI slots I tried. Also a 4k TV worked with the card when I tried.

It doesn't change when I just plug the Cintiq in.

Of course I contacted Wacom support but they don't know an answer so far, just suggested I should ask the graphics card manufacturer about it. Gigabyte from which I got the card wasn't helpful so far.

I can't replace the graphics card because it's too expensive and fairly new and especially because I built this PC in particular to run a Cintiq with it and now it doesn't work! Also Wacom doesn't seem to be able to tell me which graphics card would be better...

Please, does anyone have an idea?

My specifications:

• Windows 10 64-bit
  • ASRock X399 Taichi AMD X399 So. TR4 Quad Channel
  • AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 
  • 8GB Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
  • 2x 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V
  • Wacom Cintiq Pro 16
7 Replies

I would strongly suggest you ask AMD support about this too.  Online Service Request | AMD 

If you can find a forum dedicated to Wacom users I would ask for help there too.

You might try tenforums_com for help too.

If you don't find a solution quickly and are still in the return window for your product you could return it and try another solution.

Good Luck!

katitan
Adept I

Update:
Wacom just told me they did a few tests and the graphics card should work with their products and I probably just need to change some settings.

I think I really need to write AMD also indeed.

0 Likes

Your device is not a 4k type monitor, it more like a touch tablet. Here is how to connect to a pc from Wacom website: Wacom Customer Support 

Here is the latest Windows Driver for your Touch Tablet: Drivers | Wacom 

Thanks, but I know everything of that and did it exactly this way.

Any updates I've recently got the new rx 6800 xt and have the same issue. 

0 Likes
guimo
Journeyman III

Plug the network adapter into a socket, and then connect the USB-C connector to the AC adapter of any USB-C port on the Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 .

Connect the included USB-C cable to any USB-C port on the Wacom Cintiq Pro. Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to any USB-C port on the computer.

I recently got a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro Display Drawing Pad and I love it. it connect by a 3-in-1 cable . my computer also have a amd graphics card . but there have no issues .

0 Likes

Hello, I know this is an old post but how did you get your XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro to work with your AMD graphics card!?  See this reddit post I did to better explain my issue.  Basically, I get no display as long as the AMD driver exists: https://www.reddit.com/r/XPpen/comments/18vh6st/has_anyone_got_xppen_artist_12_pro_working_on_an/

0 Likes