cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Changed from Nvidia to AMD - do I regret ?

Hi

very often in forums like this people only write to complain about something - never to give credit. Long time ago - when RDNA2 was on its way and was released I was on the fence this time to change to AMD. Often when I saw comparisons on youtube - graphics just looked better to my eye. Not sure what it is - why I think AMD looks sharper - more crisp and not blurred. Still pics most likely show the same - it is in the moving I see the differences - Nvidia tends to be more out of focus - and when you stop in fps games it sharpens up. Not sure why and if they cheat to get more frames pr. second or what it is - anyway that is to me and my eye. 

Now finally I managed to get my hand on a asus 6900 xt TUF. And after fixing some minor stuff (needed to wipe out all nvidia related stuff and delete all shaders) it was amazing to get this "sportscar" in my system. Before this card I did try another card from another vendor - the 6900 xtxh (h version) but this one was bad design and junction temp went into the 110 degrees area and was send back. 

Was I scared to try AMD again - NO ! I had made my mind up - AMD this time. Do I regret absolutely not. This new card is amazing - edge temp is like 65-70 degrees and junction temp is 78-81 degrees (wauw) and even at overclock within software it jumps to only 84 degrees - ha ha ha.

It now eats up all my games with 0 problems - I'm so happy and best of it - was able to get this on at MRSP - and in those times now - that is like getting it with huge discount.

I have zero problems with the software - which I think is great - like both Nvidia experience and Nvidia control panel in one app. Currently I'm running this at stock clock as I see no need to overclock it right now - but is nice to know that I have spare headroom in the trunk.

I can definitely recommend AMD and their RDNA2 graphics cards !

0 Replies