Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jd26
Adept I

Change active signal resolution? Monitor out of range

Hi,

I have a Huawei Matebook D (Ryzen 5, Vega 8, Win10), I'm trying to connect an older monitor which only displays "out of range". I changed the screen resolution (to the recommended 1366 x 768 for the monitor), but under "Advanced Display Settings" only the Desktop resolution is 1366 x 768, while "Active Signal Resolution" remains at 1920 x 1080. I followed these steps (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-change-screen-resolution-display-windows-10-a.html) to change it (click on "List All Modes" and then choose the right resolution) but then I get two error messages (tried my best to translate those since my Windows is in German):

"'Display' from control panel couldn't change the display settings. You might not have the required permission to change these settings".

Which doesn't make sense, since I have admin rights. I click OK on that message and then a second one pops up:

"The display settings to be saved are invalid. Try a different combination of display settings."

Which also doesn't make sense, since I choose 1366 x 768, which is the recommended resolution for the monitor.

I connected the monitor to a friends' laptop (Win10, Intel processor and graphics) and it worked instantly without having to change anything. The "Active Signal Resolution" set itself to 1366 x 768.

I couldn't find anything to change the resolution in the AMD Settings Panel.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
11 Replies