cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

grsteelers
Journeyman III

Certain games unusable in fullscreen mode | R9 Fury | Freesync

Some games, when launched in fullscreen, repeatedly hang/go black and then respond for an instant before hanging again.

This happens regardless of freesync, crossfire, or frame pacing being enabled. Each time, I think the USB controller hangs - keyboard lighting stops and no input is recognized unless I time it with the game responding for a split second. Task manager on a second monitor shows GPU usage dropping to idle levels as well.

Games I remember that I definitely have the issue with:

CS:GO (source2)
     Source Engine Games
    Rocket League

Note that this has happened on multiple driver versions with clean reinstalls being performed, going back about 4 months. I also just did a fresh Windows install last week.

I haven't the slightest idea of what might be causing this issue. The only thing I can think of that has changed is I bought a new primary monitor, the Samsung C32HG70 (I do have the latest firmware).

I am using the DisplayPort cable that came with it; this is one thing I have not tried replacing yet. I aim to in a few days.

Any thoughts on potential causes would be fantastic, I'm at a total loss. Thanks.

System specs:

Ryzen 1800X

32GB GSkill TridentZ Memory

2x R9 Fury - Sapphire NITRO

Win10

18.2.1 Driver

MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium with 7A31v1E BIOS

Corsair HX1200i PSU

Also note that I'm not asking for your opinion on the cost effectiveness of multi-GPU setups, or the application of crossfire on the games I listed as problematic - I know these comments are inevitable in tech forums.

0 Likes
1 Reply
grsteelers
Journeyman III

Resolved in 18.5.2.

0 Likes