cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

donwhyte
Journeyman III

CCC not available on older laptop

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion dv7-3165 laptop with AMD Radeon HD Mobility 4200. The laptop has a video problem where dark portions of the screen have a red cast. I was able to compensate for this by adjusting RGB levels via the Catalyst Control Panel when I was on Windows 7. There`s no RGB adjustment facility in Windows 10 except for Background window colors, not the overall screen.

I installed Catalyst software Suite 13.1 for windows 8 64 bit as it claimed to have the Catalyst Control Panel but I can`t find that CCC. Without an OSD adjustment I`m stuck.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Seems like your laptop doesn't support Windows 10 since there are no drivers for it.

The only AMD Drivers available for your HD4200 laptop GPU is for Windows 8/8.1 and earlier Windows versions: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4200 Drivers & Support | AMD 

This was the only HP model I found that uses an AMD GPU - HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx Entertainment Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

The only drivers they have is for Windows 7.

If you can afford it, I would just upgrade your laptop to one that is still supported using Windows 10.

0 Likes

'Calibrate Display Color' in windows settings ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

YIMG_20190506_225304049.jpgYes that screen calibration utility works as it should on my laptop but somehow the adjustments of brightness, contrast, tone and gamma do not affect the red cast in dark areas that I am experiencing. See image. I've only been able to eliminate it with RGB settings. If there was an On Screen Display menu on the laptop that would do it. Failing that I was able to use CCC before but it didn't install with the Radeon drivers in Windows 10.

Maybe I will have to return to Windows 7.

0 Likes