Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

galavichid
Adept I

Cant change windows resolution WIN-SERVER-2016+RADEON PRO WX2100

Hey,

I cant figure this after few days working on solutions. 

I have workstation with windows server 2016+radeon pro wx2100, the machine function as a server so no monitor attached.

Cause of that i guess, i cant enlarge the resolution of windows, what cause very small view when connecting remotely.

Tried update the drivers, uninstall, reinstall but no change.

The resolution in windows is grayed out, and in AMD setting, there is nothing about it.

Any other solution that i haven't thought about?

Thanks

0 Likes
17 Replies

AMD Forums expert on Professional GPU Cards @fsadough might be able to assist you with your issue. If not today most likely next week.

You can also try posting your question at AMD Forums SERVERS GURU which deals with Server issues and its hardware from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/communities/ct-p/communities

0 Likes
fsadough

You said,  you tried update the drivers, uninstall, reinstall but no change. Which driver did you try?

Send me an AMDZ Report

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v288.zip available from https://we.tl/t-bQfdBg4Ygt
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

Thanks @fsadough, unfortunately no change.

I can see when I connect a monitor to the GPU, the windows recognize the Adapter type:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/00feaf6d49c19cc381921b180db8032020210412135430/59507d95122db3b765fc...

When I disconnect the screen, the adapter type change to 'windows basic display adapter'.

I tried all what you mentioned, and no changes at all.

0 Likes

Because you are logging to the system remotely

0 Likes

@fsadough I have another machine R970 with different GPU, and with the same remote connection (TIGHT VNC) i can change the resolution. The problem occur with all the machines i have (R970) and WX2100.

0 Likes

I have to test your scenario

0 Likes

I just installed WX3100 (same chip as WX2100) on Win Server 2019 / 21.Q.1 driver and connecting to it using TightVNC Viewer I get the usual 1920x1200 resolution and WX3100 shows up in Device Manager/Display Adapters. Please check your system.

fsadough_0-1618314287413.png

@fsadough that could be something with windows server 2016?

I have 11 machines with the same settings, same GPU, windows and same problems with all of them.

0 Likes

Didn't you say, you see the issue on Windows 2019 as well?

0 Likes

@fsadough I thought it was clear with the topic, anyway i dont have any machine with windows 2019, so i cant say.

0 Likes

I just installed WX2100 on Win Server 2016 / 21.Q.1 driver and connecting to it using TightVNC Viewer and I get the native 2560x1440 resolution of the display attached to the GPU. WX2100 shows up in Device Manager/Display Adapters. Please make sure you have all the Windows updates and no unknown device in device manager.

fsadough_0-1618395727273.png

@fsadough Thanks again, i did try to update windows, but no change.

Im out of any other ideas, i purchased "dummy dp" emulator, will try in that way.

Thanks for the support 

0 Likes

Send your email address via direct message and we can schedule a remote connection to your system, if you wish.